We stayed here for 4 nights in August. We had booked a deluxe lake view room with a King bed at a discounted rate without having read many reviews. We subsequently decided to read the reviews and thought "what have we done?", as a lot of them didn't make pretty reading.
When we arrived the staff were friendly but we feared the worst when we were given a room containing 2 double beds. However, we were moved to another King room on the same floor which was much closer to the lifts.
The room was very comfortable, if slightly tired, but ideal for our needs. No problems with the bathroom, toilet or hot water. Couldn't complain about the cleanliness either.
We decided to try the restaurant for one evening meal and one breakfast. The restaurant and decor were lovely, good service but we found the evening meal a bit ordinary. Breakfast was great however. The bar was very nice and bar staff provided excellent service.
We too noticed a slightly odd smell out by the elevators, couldn't quite decide what it was but certainly not offensive.
All things considered this hotel is not as bad as many of the reviews suggest. Location is great, views marvellous, staff friendly and rooms are comfortable. We would be quite happy to stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary multi-story hotel overlooking Lake Wakatipu, 400 meters from town center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Rydges Lakeland Resort Hotel Queenstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Lakeland Hotel Queenstown
- Rydges Lakeland Queenstown