This hotel is an acceptable middle of the road hotel, although a few tweaks would make it better.
The rooms are of a good size, and the beds are very comfortable and clean. Showers over the bath are a bit dated, and for some would be not easy to manoeuvre, although not a major. I don't know if all the rooms have this facility. Lighting in the main room I found inadequate, unless lying in bed reading.
Guests have the option to not have their rooms serviced or towels changed. One sign states that the room will be left 'just as you left it', which means that if tea and coffee facilities are used, the cups are left dirty and the teas and coffees are restocked. I then used another sign that stated that towels would be changed and teas and coffees replenished. I was happy to use the same towel as we were staying for a short time, but I did expect to have the dirty crockery removed and replaced, and the teas and coffees topped up. I was happy to make my own bed. The other option was not to put any sign on the door, in which a full room service would be completed. My friend in an adjoining room did not hang any sign out (she had not noticed them) so therefore had a full room service, except that the dirty crockery was not replaced. This is unacceptable. Options need to be reviewed.
We ate in the hotel a couple of times and found the food and the service acceptable. At breakfast however, I had to move to another table as the one we first sat at had a large sticky patch right where I sat. I noticed the same on another table. More attention needs to be given to the thorough cleaning of the breakfast tables.
The reception staff were friendly but, as Queenstown is a top tourist destination, I feel that a little local information should be more forthcoming. We wanted to travel to Arrowtown by local bus, and it was difficult getting information that should have been straightforward. We were pointed towards a tourist desk and told that there were timetables 'on the left' but we couldn't find them. We finally found the bus by asking at a Tourist Information Centre in the town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary multi-story hotel overlooking Lake Wakatipu, 400 meters from town center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rydges Lakeland Resort Hotel Queenstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Lakeland Hotel Queenstown
- Rydges Lakeland Queenstown