We spent two nights at Rydges Lakeland (one before and one after walking the Routeburn Track). The hotel is conveniently placed (an easy walk into town), and just across the road from the lake.
I booked a 'superior lake facing' room, and was disappointed to find that 'superior' means the room is just above street level, so the view is through trees and traffic. I guess I needed a 'deluxe' room to get a decent view - my fault for not doing my homework properly. The aspect didn't bother me as much as the noise. This room only has single glazing in the windows, and there is constant traffic and other street noise. I noticed that the restaurant on the top floor has double glazing, and is very quiet .. I would prefer a bit of noise while I ate as opposed to noise while I tried to sleep! The lack of noise insulation seems really strange given the proximity of the rooms to the street.
The worst thing about our stay was that the bedside telephone rang at 2:00am ... hotel staff were enquiring whether we had ordered room service - we certainly had not, and we did not appreciate having our sleep disturbed. I appreciate that this was an honest mistake - but one that is totally unacceptable, and should never ever happen in a quality hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary multi-story hotel overlooking Lake Wakatipu, 400 meters from town center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Rydges Lakeland Resort Hotel Queenstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Lakeland Hotel Queenstown
- Rydges Lakeland Queenstown