On recommendation from others I paid the extra for a room with a view and I agree that it was the best way to enjoy the location. The room was excellent. Warm and spacious which is just what is needed on a winter holiday. The tiny balcony opened out onto gorgeous views of the lake and mountains. Staff were courteous and professional but then I had few demands as I wasn't in the room that much and ate in town which is a minute's walk away.
Only a couple of negatives - having to pay for wifi in a luxury hotel is ridiculous especially when there is free wifi in town. Also being on the first floor facing the lake meant being close to the road and there was a noticeable amount of road noise. They would do better to have double glazing on the sliding windows to improve noise insulation. But it wasn't terrible. Overall it was a good choice and I'd be happy to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary multi-story hotel overlooking Lake Wakatipu, 400 meters from town center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Rydges Lakeland Resort Hotel Queenstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Lakeland Hotel Queenstown
- Rydges Lakeland Queenstown