While the rooms are reasonably plain, we were very happy with the view (which is the main thing we wanted), and the price was very good especially bearing in mind it was the last night of Queenstown Winter Festival.
Other than that, my main criteria is that everything works - and everything did. Not a huge range of TV channels but they included movies, two sports channels, and a news channel, so happy with that also. The heater kept things nice and cozy overnight.
My partner is keen for me to mention that the bathroom was fairly dated. There was a certain irony about there being the usual sort of sign about conserving water etc, however the old toilet flushing system and shower head use a heck of a lot of water. As far as I'm concerned everything was in good working order and the extractor fan was very efficient so I was happy.
The bar area was nice, the restaurant (that we didn't use) looked fairly good, and reception area was good too. Had good experiences with the staff unlike some of the other reviews.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary multi-story hotel overlooking Lake Wakatipu, 400 meters from town center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rydges Lakeland Resort Hotel Queenstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Lakeland Hotel Queenstown
- Rydges Lakeland Queenstown