After reading some dodgy reviews I gave Rydges the benefit of the doubt after contacting the hotel with my concerns.
However, I should have followed my gut....Although we were in a deluxe room, apart from the view there was nothing deluxe about it.
Worn and old carpet, very dated furniture, no power point in the bathroom, and had to make repeated requests to have tea and coffee re stocked. Bathroom was very small. Only small issues, I know, but hello how hard is it to stock up. Asked for a late check the 2nd day there, and lucky I checked on the morning of departure as there was no note on our room.
On a positive note the room from our 2nd floor room was breath taking, and the hotel is located is just a quick 7 min walk to central Queenstown. Room heater worked really well, and on the odd night had to turn it off, we were cooking.
We ate at the bar a few nights and found the staff great and friendly, the lounges by the fires are a real treat.
Give the breakfast a miss ... we ate once, and decided to head to the local super market and stock up on cereal and yoghurt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary multi-story hotel overlooking Lake Wakatipu, 400 meters from town center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Rydges Lakeland Resort Hotel Queenstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Lakeland Hotel Queenstown
- Rydges Lakeland Queenstown