Rydges Lakeland Resort Hotel Queenstown
The Dairy Private Hotel(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$360
$150
Crowne Plaza Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$180
$127
  • Room Service
$225
$190
Heartland Hotel Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$86
$81
  • Restaurant
Villa del Lago(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$229
Hotels.com
$162
$153
  • Restaurant
Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$124
$108
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Swiss-Belsuites Pounamu Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$169
$110
Novotel Queenstown Lakeside(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$118
$112
Orbitz.com
Azur(Queenstown)
$1,081
$832
2,239 results
All reviewslake facing roombit datedamazing viewstown centrebeautiful lakelakesidemountainsremarkables
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed 3 nights here in a deluxe lakeview room on the fourth floor. Check-in was a bit of a mess but service was good once I was finally able to talk to someone at the front desk. As you can see from all of the reviews below, the place is desperate for an remodel and it appears from manager reponses that one is coming. That said, I won't re-hash all of the reasons why here. The place is really really outdated (green linolium floors in the bathroom- yikes!), enough said. Aside from this fact, the we found our room to be comfortable and we had an outstanding view and balcony. It is only a short 5 minute walk into town. Once this hotel gets remodeled, it will be a really great place to stay. Parking is free and there is free wifi in the bar if you purchase a drink. You can use the password for the rest of your stay which is nice. Otherwise, wifi is .63 cents per minute-crazy! NZ is not like the rest of the world where free wifi is more of a rule than an exception.

My one major complaint was the food. We ordered a pizza for room service one evening and it was not even cooked completely through. The crust was nearly runny. I should have returned it or complained but I was too tired to make a big deal out of it. Based on that experience and the breakfast buffet that is offered, I would never choose to dine in their restaurant. There are many great eateries just up the street-head there instead.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DLK26
Reviewed March 19, 2013

we expected no lake view with our budget room but got a great one which was a nice surprise ! only a 10 minute walk to center of town and also free car parking wish we could have stayed longer than our 2 nights

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We have just spent four days at Rydges in Queenstown.
While the hotel is clean it is in dire need of a good makeover.It is a big hotel but very hard to find your way around,it is like a maze inside.The food was okay,just okay,nothing fantastic,some staff were just going thru the motions but others were great.The towels in our room were threadbare.
As i said this hotel is ok,just, but in dire need of a makeover

Room Tip: make sure you get a lakeview room
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank billpears
Justin M, General Manager at Rydges Lakeland Resort Hotel Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for your recent posting..I do apologise for the obvious displeasure you experienced with your accommodation. Our hotel is earmarked for refurbishment in the near future. Once this is completed, all our rooms and facilities will be up to the expected standard.

Again, I must apologise for the less than satisfactory stay with us and I hope to welcome you back to Rydges Lakeland Resort under more favourable circumstances.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Situated at the edge of the lake the views are fantastic but the overall package was a bit disappointing. In need of redecorating and a good all round clean. The bar doesn't open until 5pm. Breakfast was nothing to write home about. Staff helpful. Probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi there, thank you for taking the time in posting your comments.. Your feedback is very much appreciated and will be discussed in our upcoming Guest Services Meeting to ensure improvement in the areas you mentioned.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We had been travelling for over a week with another couple and the women decided to spend 2 nights in high class accommodation to recuperate and pamper ourselves and therefore we chose this Rydges based on the reputation of other Rydges hotels in general and the quality and service we had experienced in the past. What a mistake in Queenstown. This hotel is OLD and in need of renovating or being knocked down and start again. The rooms are small, and in March they are hot with no ventilation at all. We had to ask for a pedestal fan to sleep. They have balconys off the rooms and ours and our companions were that small you couldn't walk past the small table. Paint is peeling and there is a vast need for power points to plug in phone chargers etc. The bathroom was cramped and small with large chips out of the porcelain bathtub. The bathtub had been elevated off the floor making it dangerous to get into and out of. I am an average height male and when I stood in the shower, my head touched the ceiling! Nowhere to plug in a hair dryer. The fridge just didn't seem to work at all. I filled the ice tray with water and 2 days later it was still water. I asked for a bucket of ice on two occassions, the first arrived pretty quickly and the second was forgotten about until I rang again some 30 minutes later. Went to breakfast one morning and what a disappointment, powdered eggs, cold bacon, cold and greasy sausages. A toaster that jammed and only heated the bread not toasted. The baked beans were the only food item that I could say was of any standard.
On a positive note, the hotel cleaning staff were great, they were happy in their work and very amenable, perhaps the company should choose future managers from this pool of staff.
This hotel is a last resort hotel and should be considerd by travellers only when everything else in the town is booked out.

Room Tip: If you cheese to stay in this hotel ask for a room up high so you get the lake views otherwise the views are blocked by trees. Lower rooms are also subject to a lot of traffic noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Hi there.. thank you for your recent posting, please be assured that I will be discussing your feedback with the relevant Department Managers to ensure our improvement in these areas.