“Comfort and Convenience”

Rydges Lakeland Resort Hotel Queenstown
Ranked #51 of 59 Hotels in Queenstown
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My first stay here was very memorable. I was able to leave my balcony door ajar, on the safety chain and listen to lake water washing over the rocks, directly across the road. Plenty of parking, very clean and tidy room. The Fireside Lounge had wonderfully friendly staff. I highly recommend the $18.00 Buffet breakfast, I'm a big eater and was in my element, everything was cooked superbly and the lake view from the restaurant on the sixth floor was a wonderful way to start the day. Budget rates for an excellent experience.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Budget Twin and was very pleased with it.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Justin M, General Manager at Rydges Lakeland Resort Hotel Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Hi there, I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and i trust you had a fantastic time in Queenstown..

Guest feedback allows us to improve our services & reward our team members moving forward.

JM

Write a ReviewReviews (2,111)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The staff were friendly and helped us to find the best value room. We were upgraded to a larger room with a balcony overlooking the lake. Although a little perhaps in need of an update, the room was clean and warm. Good beds, TV, great shower, in house sauna and fast room service.

Room Tip: Ask staff about deals and joining the Rydges membership.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi there, thank you for response.. guest feedback allows us to improve our services & reward our team members.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

It is very affordable and quality accommodation by the lake side in Queenstown. I love the bar and restaurant. Breakfast options are very wide and really good. Its Superior Twin Room with balcony are perfect on Second and Third floor. Regards Harsh :)

Room Tip: Deluxe or Superior with Balcony is perfect !!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Hi there, thank you for your recent comments & I trust you had a fantastic time Queenstown i will pass on your feedback to the team which allows us improve our services & reward our team members moving forward.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

This hotel would have to be one of the best my friend and I have stayed in. The staff were exceptionally helpful, friendly and did everything possible to make our stay a memorable one.
Thanks particularly to Stephen, Sean and Bianca.
Our very comfortable and quiet room overlooked the beautiful Lake and snow capped Remarkables and the easy walk into town along Lake Wakatipu was equally beautiful.
The peace and calm of this beautiful place certainly nourished our spirits and the day trips we did added to a special stay.
If ever we have the opportunity to visit Queenstown again we will certainly stay at Rydges Hotel and we have already recommended it to our friends.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room at the front of the building.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Hi there, thank you very for your recent comments made in relation to your stay. It's pleases me and I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay i will pass on your comments to the team in how please you were with the service they provided.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future..

Ragards

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I would like to thank the Rydges hotel Queenstown for a really lovely stay! We were welcomed with the early checkout we had requested, which we were early for thanks to very quick turnaround at QT airport, and which left us free to relax and enjoy the whole afternoon in QT. They had read our request for a quiet room, and so moved us away from the floor with the bar. Our room was beautiful, peaceful and quiet with a lovely view, and a huge shared rooftop balcony. The location was perfect, just a short stroll into town along the lake shore, yet enough out of town to be quiet! The staff were friendly and helpful and the bed was comfy too! I joined the privilege club to enjoy a discount on booking, food (but not breakfast), and a welcome drink, which was easy. However, since I was staying with my partner, as most people would, we had not realised that it was just ONE welcome drink!! I think it would be easy for Rydges to fix this oversight, and offer a drink to both occupants of the room booked, as otherwise it turns a lovely gesture into feeling a bit mean - a real shame, and an own goal!! My partner has now joined too, so next time we should both get one, but I suggest Rydges fix this for other couples who may feel similarly awkward! The restaurant had amazing views, and the food was OK - my salmon was rather dry sadly, but we enjoyed the experience, and a wine, with an easy stroll back to the room. I would happily stay again!

Room Tip: Apparently, rooms on the 6th floor can benefit from free wifi from the bar area as well as being nea...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi there, I trust you had a fantastic stay in Queenstown, I would like to thankyou for taking time in putting a response in.. Guest feedback allows us to improve our services and reward our team members. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and i will pass on your feedback to the team.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

This hotel has the potential to be one of the most spectacular in Queenstown being situated right on the shores of Lake Wakatipu. Unfortunately, it has become a little tired and worn down as hotels do when not maintained. The rooms were very clean and comfortable but need a big makeover. Awesome views over the Lake and most rooms have a tiny balcony as well. Staff were friendly and helpful. We had breakfast included in our rate and must admit, there was more than enough to choose from - toast and jam etc, continental, full cooked breakfast, heaps of fresh fruit. Overall we enjoyed our stay and especially the close proximity to the centre of town, only 5 mins walk.

Room Tip: Executive double room with view of Lake and with balcony. Include breakfast if you can.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi there, i trust you had a fantastic stay in Queesntown, and would like to thank you for taking the time to respond.. i will pass your feedback on to the team in how please you were with your stay & the service they provided.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I organised a suprise trip to Queenstown for my partner and decided on Rydges due to its location. We originally booked at the Heritage but wanted an easy walking distance to and from town. When I booked I requested a non-adjoining room and told the reservations lady that id read a few unfavourable reviews on trip advisor. She assured me that those reviews were about cheaper, older rooms than the one I had booked.
We arrived at reception to grumpy, stressed, unhospitable receptionists. It felt like a factory and we didnt feel welcome at all. We got to our room and it was joined to another. We could hear the people next door speaking to eachother. We requested to be moved and that was organised smartly, which we appreciated. The view in the room we had was great, decor was very dated, peeling vinyl/rust in the bathroom.
On the first night there was a big function in the hotel on our level. The noise was over the top, keeping us awake. When I asked reception when the party would be over they replied with "midnight, sorry about that". Poor form to have a function room allowing such noise so late at night on the same floor as many rooms.
Very very dissappointed, will certainly not reccommend Rydges to any family or friends. In dire need of revamp of decor and their staff's attitudes.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Sam S. Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience with us. I do apologise that your stay did not meet your expectations. I trust you have the opportunity to visit us again on completion of our refurbishment. I have noted your comments regarding staff which concern me as we have a fantastic team here. I will be sure to address them with the relevant people.