We wanted a budget room for an overnighter and got a fair deal for the price. Went up six floors then changed elevators and went up three more. Place is sort of set into hill and room on 9th floor was situated at rear and close to back street level. Had view of coaches at back and hillside with houses dotted about. Place caters for busloads of visitors (see pic of long corridors from o/side our room).
2 single beds were not so comfy but OK for one night. TV didn’t work. I enjoyed the room’s run-down-genteel atmosphere and felt as if I’d stepped into an Agatha Christie novel. Hubby's physical size found the ceilings low and bed narrow.
It didn’t get dark til about 9pm, so close proximity to town centre meant we had time for a look around before bed.
Because of disruption to communications surrounding earthquake we did not receive our itinerary before we left Aust. It wasn't issued until day of travel and sent to our gmail address. Reception would not see if it had arrived and pointed us to their pay internet. Printer kept gobbling the pages. Then staff member helped out. Bit rigid and short sightehd in the circumstances I thought.
Would not recommend this budget type of room for more than a couple of nights if one or both of you happen to be on the large side.
No ice in fridge but could be got from bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary multi-story hotel overlooking Lake Wakatipu, 400 meters from town center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rydges Lakeland Resort Hotel Queenstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Lakeland Hotel Queenstown
- Rydges Lakeland Queenstown