I wanted to take my partner away for a long birthday weekend. I was searching for a place that was secluded, boutique, had an on-site spa but was still close to Queenstown (Not an easy find!). The moment the taxi pulled up at the entrance I knew that I had chosen the right location! Once we walked through the big doors into a marble floored reception we were greeted by friendly staff who invited us to sit down at the reception desk while we were being checked in. Before heading to our room we were giving a tour of the facilities (Restaurant & Bar, Breakfast area, Gym, Squash Court, Purpose built Cinema room, Spa & Pool, Sauna, Steam Room and Tennis Courts). We were then went to our room which was overlooking the Shot Over River, we were not disappointed as we stood on our private balcony and was struck by the fact that we could not hear anything, nothing! This is an extremely odd sensation in todays frantic world. The only sound was the occasional rumble of the Shot Over Speedboat going past (this was not an annoying sound as you might imagine).
When it came to getting into Queenstown we had 2 options. Catch a taxi (order a Green Cab via reception and the fare is only $20 each way) or a bus (there is a bus stop on both sides of the road and a return fare is only $8pp with a service going past every 30 minutes. The taxi is approximately a 10 minute ride and the bus is direct and takes 10-15 minutes pending the weather conditions. - We used a combination of taxi and buses and were more than happy with both.
We made use of the Cinema room (which is awesome!), the bar and restaurant (my partner had the Lamb Shanks and said "Best Shank I have ever had, good Southern Meat with no fat!") and also the Pool, Spa, Dry and Wet Sauna (all of which you have amazing views from). My partner also purchase a full body massage which was done in a room overlooking the Shot Over River and surrounding mountains, she told me that the lady who did the massage was great at actually listening to her about aches and pains and offering advice on what may help them.
Overall this was an absolutely amazing trip and very good value for money - We were both a little blue to be leaving after only 4 days. The reason that I have given the total score a 4 and not a 5 is due to the bed in our room. It was two spring mattresses pushed together. They didn't line up which created a hard bump in the middle of the bed which was really uncomfortable if you ended up on it during the night. The mattresses themselves were also a bot hard with not cushioning and I felt that after so much effort had gone into the presentation and atmosphere this was quite a big oversight as the bed is a critical point in any accommodation. Would this prevent me from returning? No, I would however, mention it when booking again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled at the base of Coronet Peak and overlooking the stunning Shotover River, Nugget Point Hotel is the ultimate boutique hotel in Queenstown, just a stone's throw away from shops, restaurants, bars and nightlife of central Queenstown. To complete the perfect picture, Nugget Point is just 10 minutes by car or public transport to Coronet Peak Ski Area for that very special winter getaway. The hotel boasts 36 spacious boutique rooms, accommodating up to 74 guests, and all rooms have an open plan bedroom and lounge area, ensuite bathroom, and private balcony or patio. Nugget Point Hotel offers a wide range of facilities for our discerning guests. Unwind at The Spa at Nugget Point for a truly luxurious escape, indulge in beauty and massage treatments in our beautiful spa which resembles a modern version of Roman baths whilst taking in the views of the surrounding mountain ranges and Shotover River. Then relax in the Shotover Lounge Bar for a refreshing drink or enjoy an exquisite dining experience in Birches Restaurant surrounded by awe inspiring views of the rugged Queenstown landscape. Take advantage of our Home Theatre to enjoy a unique movie experience, with your own private viewing. For the more active guest, there is a well-equipped gym, or challenge your companions to a game of tennis or squash on a private court, and avail yourself of our drying room after an enjoyable day on the ski field. Bookings necessary for these facilities and they are subject to availability at the time of booking. Nugget Point Hotel is also the perfect venue for small conference retreats and incentive groups with our luxury boardroom catering for up to 30 people, with all the modern conveniences and with breakaway rooms available during the period of the conference. For each of our guests there is something special that appeals. It may be the prospect of stretching out in a spa bath with a glass of champagne at the end of the day, or a gourmet meal in our Birches Restaurant admiring the views, or simply curled up on a couch in front of an open fire in our lounge bar with your favourite bottle of wine. One thing's for sure, at Nugget Point we've got the mix just right. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Nugget Point Queenstown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Distinction Queenstown, Nugget Point Boutique Hotel Queenstown
- Distinction Queenstown, Nugget Point Boutique Hotel And Spa
- Nugget Point Boutique Resort
- Nugget Point Boutique Queenstown