1,585 results
All reviewsa lake view roomsteep hillamazing viewsbus servicepublic buslake wakatiputown centrebuffet breakfastroom was spaciousan upgradenew zealandshort drivestayed here for nightssouth islandvistaaccorgym
Reviewed August 4, 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
MQR, Director of Sales at Mercure Resort Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Reviewed August 2, 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Another Mercure where the attitude of the staff makes up for other things that may let the hotel down. Our room had an amazing view of the lake and the Remarkables - the restaurant also looks upon a stunning vista. Our furniture was shabby and I pointed the ripped armchairs out to the staff as we arrived as I didn't want our 7 year old getting blamed as we checked out after 5 days! No problem they said - would you like it replaced? They brought another one in - same condition, ha ha - and we ended up keeping both. I like to have a bedside table lamp on both sides of the double bed but this seems to be a problem for me in most Mercure hotels. So I
got under the desk and unplugged that one and installed it onto a bedside table myself. The bed was a bit too soft for my liking - as though the mattress were quite old. Unfortunately the fireplace in the open bar area/restaurant was not working while we were there and it did make the whole place a bit too cold for us tropical dwellers. I'm very glad I prepaid for breakfasts when I booked online as the Mercure is not right in the middle of the restaurant area as is the Novotel. It was way too cold for us to be going out for breakfasts in the middle of winter!

Room Tip: Get a lakeview room - the view is amazing.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy you found a solution to increase the lighting level to your requirements.
We are striving to constantly update our furniture, however I apologise that you did not receive an improvement on the furniture in your room when requested.
We are also currenty 50 % through a bed replacement programme and the Lounge bar fire that was out of order on your stay has in fact been replaced by a new efficient one. While these improvements did not happen on your stay, I do encourage you to return for another holiday break and enjoy the value for money accomodation, location and friendly team we can offer.
Kind regards,
Michelle Dent

Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stayed in a lake view suite and had amazing views. The room was huge and the staff very welcoming. Although a steep hill back down to the centre, it was a nice walk there and back. Try the post office cafe for breakfast.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Greeted by the GM on arrival with a happy out going attitude, the staff where amazing and the service second to none.

The rooms are well designed with heaps of space, and the view...... well the view of the snow covered mountains and the mirror style lake is amazing.

Breakfast each morning was great with a huge selection and made to order eggs.

And nothing beats an evening by the open fire over looking the lake with a cold beer.

Well done Mecure great work.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business