“Another very happy customer :)”

Millennium Hotel Queenstown
Ranked #33 of 58 Hotels in Queenstown
Reviewed August 25, 2014

This was my second time staying in this hotel. I go to Queenstown every winter for at least a week of skiing and this is my favourite hotel so far. It covers all bases. Clean quite room, nice complementary breakfast, nice staff and the list goes on. The location of the hotel is great, it's in a walking distance from the town centre but also in an area you can easily access free street parking. The only small things that could be better are that there is no free Wifi but you can use a complementary wifi in the lobby for 30 min everyday. Also there is a 10 NZDfee per night for the undercover parking. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were in the fourth floor and the room was quite, clean and nice view towards the gondola.
1  Thank IcyApple
DG9300, Manager at Millennium Hotel Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2014

Dear Icyapple,

Thank you very much for your kind comments.

We are ecstatic to read your feedback and look forward to welcoming you again at Millennium Queenstown.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

No problems with the hotel. It's clean, comfortable, convenient for the town (ten minute walk) and the breakfast and restaurant was great. But I cannot give the place an "excellent" rating because the reception staff and concierge were hopeless.

We arrived early, so couldn't check in and the receptionist told us that if we returned later we would be given a quiet room on the top floor facing into the central courtyard. When we returned, we were given the key to a room on the 3rd floor (there are 5 floors) facing the road by another receptionist whose English was not good. She insisted that the 3rd floor was the top floor and couldn't seem to comprehend that if there are 2 floors above, it is NOT the top floor. She insisted that they had no other rooms available and that she could not give us a room on the top floor. Just as I was losing patience with her, she went to see the Duty Manager, who immediately solved the problem.

Later that day, I went to the reception desk and asked directions of a young man standing nervously behind the counter who politely told me that he had only started working there that day, he didn't know the answer to my question and would I mind waiting until the receptionist returned from a visit to the toilet as he had been told not to speak to any customers!

The next day I asked a young Asian man at the concierge desk if he could direct me to the Business Centre. He took me to the reception desk and gave me a restaurant menu. He couldn't understand what I was asking him for. Eventually, he seemed to understand what the term business centre meant and suggested that I might like to walk into town to find one. When I pointed out that the hotel directory said that the hotel business centre was adjacent to reception, he apologised, told me that he had only started that day (another one?) and went to find someone to ask. I never saw him again.

Please do not get me wrong. I understand that hotels need to employ staff who speak other languages in order to provide a service to overseas visitors, but they must be able to speak good English as well and these two clearly could not. I also do not understand why totally untrained staff would be put in the position that these two new recruits found themselves in. That is very poor management and shows that the staff training is not being handled well.

Enjoyed the stay though. So, come on management, sharpen up and this will be an excellent place to stay.

Room Tip: Need a quiet room - top floor, facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
DG9300, Manager at Millennium Hotel Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2014

Dear Bob S,

Thank you very much for your comprehensive feedback on your recent stay.

It is disappointing to know that you were let down by our Front Office and concierge team. It is unfortunate but the team members you dealt with were college trainees from a local college that we support. After receiving your feedback we have altered the training program to avoid instances like these.

I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused and hope to have you back with us in near future.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

Room on level 3 had good views, room was good, bed comfy. Toilet had a flickering light and they fixed it soon after. I would stay here again, good value for money. Shuttle bus into was useful though walking up the hill with snow gear on isn't too fun.
Spa was good though windows offered no view and the lack of free wifi was quite a let down.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Robert C,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us.

We are glad to know that you had a comfortable stay and found our services convenient and comfortable. We do provide complimentary internet for 30 minutes or 50 MB every 24 hours only in our lobby and understand that it is not sufficient in most of the instances hence have forwarded your feedback to our Senior Management.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Millennium Hotel Queenstown.

We

Reviewed August 20, 2014

Stayed 4 nights on conference trip. Rooms a good size. Beds really comfortable. Staff helpful. Noisy neighbours first night so we moved rooms. Upstairs is quieter. Some beds had electric blankets. We enjoyed walk into town but shuttle was available.

Room Tip: On street side, better to be above level 3
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
DG9300, Manager at Millennium Hotel Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Dear han024,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us.

It is great to know that you had a great time with us during your conference. We have recently replaced our beds and have been receiving positive comments from our guests. They are very comfortable and provide a comfortable sleep.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused due to noise neighbours but I am glad to know that Front Desk sorted it for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Millennium Queenstown.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Short walk to the centre of Queenstown. - 10 minutes (Up hill on the way back though)
Easy to walk around and explore the town from.
Free WiFi in the lobby only for 30 mins every 24 hours.
Nice clean hotel, good size rooms.
Only stayed one night so we didn't get to use all the facilities, food did look good though.
Classic decor.
We would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
DG9300, Manager at Millennium Hotel Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Dear maxBrisbane,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay.

I agree that you will have to stay a little longer to enjoy our services and food and also the beautiful Queenstown.

It will indeed be our pleasure and we look forward to welcoming you back in near future.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Stayed here for a work conference. Room was nice, clean, good size. Breakfast area was large with good choices. My room faced the street which was noisy early in the morning with trucks going past. I would ask for a room at the back of the hotel. The location is good, about 10 min downhill walk into town, quite uphill on the way back.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Kerry,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay.

It is great to know that you had a comfortable stay during your conference. We do have rooms facing both the courtyard and street and are subject to availability but certainly can be requested at the time of making the booking.

You are correct in saying that walking back to the hotel could be tiring due to the hill hence we encourage our guests to use the complimentary shuttle service that runs every hour on the hour to town centre.

One again I would like to thank you for your time and feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Millennium Queenstown.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Stayed here for four nights recently as part of a conference package. Well located and I would say only a short walk to town (5 minutes downhill on the way there, a little longer on the way back).
Breakfast buffet was excellent and the front desk were very helpful with booking of activities.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear HDavidMc,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us.

It is great to know that you had a comfortable stay and found our staff helpful and our services and facilities convenient.

It will be our pleasure to have you back with us at Millennium Queenstown.