“Noisy room”

Ranked #31 of 57 Hotels in Queenstown
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Noisy room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Overall not a bad place to stay. My biggest complaint was that our room was directly below reception and people were thumping around throughout the night. Also reception staff did the bare minimum to check us in and out. Probably wont choose to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Tamsyn V, Executive at Millennium Hotel Queenstown, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you, we appreciate your feedback.
I sincerely apologise that you were disturbed by noise from the reception area and that you feel the reception staff wre not overly helpful.
We aim to ensure our guests feel welcome and assisted, I will discuss this with the Front Office Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Slovak first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I was there for a conference, and it was great and centrally located to the town only a 500m walk even on cold night it was pleasant. Staff were great and always accommodating and rooms clean and comfortable. The only negative is the cost of Wifi.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Tamsyn V, Executive at Millennium Hotel Queenstown, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay with us.

It was lovely to hear that your stay was comfortable and that you were well looked after by our friendly staff.

We hope that you will return should you come back to Queenstown in the future.
Mount Isa, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights in Queenstown. The room was a good size, very clean. The beds were AMAZING! So comfy.

The hotel is located a short walk from town, town is at the bottom of the hill, quiet a big hill to walk up to get back to your hotel.

The courtyard is gorgeous and the facitilites in the hotel are ok. I did not like the buffett breakfast, i found the food was not the best. The bacon was burnt and dry, they only offered scrampled eggs. Fruit salad was not fresh.

Besides that i found the hotel to be a great little hotel to stay in.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tamsyn V, Executive at Millennium Hotel Queenstown, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding you recent stay with us.

I am glad you enjoyed our comfy new beds.and gorgeous courtyard.

I am sorry that you did not find the breakfast very good, I will speak to our food & beverage team to ensure that quality is kept high. Our breakfast chef is more than happy to make up alternative egg choices fresh for those who don't want the bufett choice.

Thank you again for your comments it will help us to ensure our guests are satisfied and happy with our services.

Oamaru, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

I've stayed here twice on business. I don't have a regular hotel in Queenstown even though I'm there every six weeks as I shop around on the net. I booked special deals on the net on both occasions and was very impressed at the outstanding value. The rooms are very nicely furnished and the new beds are some of the best I have ever slept on. (I have travelled globally on business for 25 years, so this is a qualified statement)
I order room service as I work in my room and on both occasions the restaurant staff have been more than happy to accomodate my request for the special dinner restaurant deal as a room service offering. The hotel is close to town, quiet and if you can get a deal, go for it!

Room Tip: If you are looking for room service meals, check out the specials at the restaurant and ask if they...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback.

We are glad you chose Millennium Queenstown once again for you business trip, we appreciate your comments about getting a good deal.

It was also great to hear our food & beverage team provided great customers service and assisted you with your requests, we aim to make our guests feel at home and comfortable.

We hope you will continue to enjoy our hospitality during your future business trips.

Auckland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Great Hotel and we were very lucky and got an upgrade to a suite. The room was large with plenty of room to move around and stay in. It was always lovely and clean and nice and warm. The bed was two singles together and you could often feel the join! Not great! Staff were nice. Great location, a quick walk into town and there is no need to walk up the steep hill that everyone mentions to come back as you can walk through the gradens, accessed by the lake and this is a much gentler slope! Great views from the room. The spa was a bit of a let down as it was quite old and shabby and just in a small room by the gym, not very atmospheric! Overall a good place to stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Tamsyn V, Executive at Millennium Hotel Queenstown, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about your stay with us at the Millennium Hotel Queenstown.

We are glad that on the whole you enjoyed your visit, especially the suite that you were upgraded to.

We were sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our spa, your comments will assist us to think about what we can do to improve the atmosphere, so that our guests can feel relaxed and unwind.

Thank you.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Great hotel, breath taking views over the Remarkables mountain range...

We only stayed for 1 night to end our holiday before flying home. Would have loved to stay longer and will definitely go back to the Millennium hotel.
The hotel is 5 - 10 mins walk downhill into town, and 10 - 15 mins back uphill - although there is a courtesy shuttle bus that runs every hour.
Staff were efficient and friendly, and free onsite car parking is helpful - although spaces are limited.
The only negative is the price of the WiFi - far too expensive, although there is good free WiFi throughout Queenstown.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the front of the hotel, with views over the Remarkables range.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Tamsyn V, Executive at Millennium Hotel Queenstown, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed your brief visit with us here at the Millennium Queesntown.

We are very fortunate here with wonderful views and it was good to hear that you appreciated the gorgeous view of the Remarkables mountain range.

We were also glad to hear that the staff were helpful and friendly and that the shuttle service was useful.

We hope you can visit us again, for a little bit longer next time and truly enjoy what Queenstown has to offer.

Tamsyn Vermaas
Wellington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed at the Millennium as a one night work trip.

The room had all that I needed for a short stay. I was a little disappointed that the milk provided was those tiny, one portion UHT packets and that there was only instant coffee. However, for one night it wasn't a big deal.

The king sized bed was very comfortable, I suspect it could have been new. The hotel was quiet and I slept well.

The reason I don't rate this hotel higher is because, when I went into my room, a pair of socks (that were left by a previous occupant) was sitting on the floor and this oversight made me think, that if something as obvious as this could be overlooked, what other corners may have been cut in the cleaning.

My stay was comfortable and warm, but I find it hard to ignore cleaning issues.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tamsyn V, Executive at Millennium Hotel Queenstown, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments, I am glad you had a peaceful nights sleep but I would like to sincerely apologise that you found the socks in your room upon arrival. This was obviously an oversight of the Supervisor that day. I will be sure to have the Executive Housekeeping Manager review this issue with all the staff so that it does not happen again. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.