“Great place to stay”

Millennium Hotel Queenstown
Ranked #32 of 58 Hotels in Queenstown
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Found the staff very friendly. Location was perfect, leave the car and short walk to town.
Very quiet location, we had a court yard room.
New beds were being delivered to rooms, ours was very comfy.
Booked this on wotif.com, great deal.
Great weekend. Thanks

• Stayed: February 2013
Tamsyn V, Executive at Millennium Hotel Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review. We were happy to hear you liked the new bed. We hope you can visit us again soon.

There are newer reviews for Millennium Hotel Queenstown

Reviewed February 14, 2013

The beds were horrible. The staff was rude! They over charge for everything! Internet was $30 for 1G for 24 hours!!! Parking was another $10! And we paid nearly $300 a night! I have never been more upset! They refused to refund the money as well as actually clean anything! DO NOT STAY HERE!
Far away from town!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed with my husband in room 508 on the 9 Feb. My husband was away most of the day, leaving me to enjoy our room. Early evening I pulled back the bed cover and on the underside it contained the body fluids from previous tenants (I phoned for a replacement). An hour or so later I started to run a bath and after about 5mins went to check it's progress to find someone else's body hair floating on top of the water. I then started to check the cleanliness of our room to find thick dust on the bed lamps and table legs. I had also requested a parking space at a cost of $10 only to find there was no parking spaces left when we went to park and had to park on the road. I have a disability parking card, there are two disable car parks in there car park but both contained cars without displaying a card. I intended to complain at check out but the wait just to check out was so long and they just collected my key card asked if I had used the mini bar. I managed to mention I was unable to park my car and was told parking would be credited and was then pushed aside so he could deal with the next person.
Cleaning staff need training.
Desk staff need a public relation course.
For a 4/5 star rated hotel, this is totally unacceptable .

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Simpsond

Thank you for you feedback, we were very disappointed to hear about your experience during your stay with us. I hope that you have received the email that we sent you earlier with our apologies. We have put into place systems that will assist when it comes to our busier times and the Housekeeping Manager is making changes to their systems to ensure that these types of things are not overlooked in the future. Again our sincere apologies that you had this disappointing experience.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed there because of a cancelled Jetstar fight(04/02/13) and must say the Front desk's staff attitude was unprofessional and rude(with smiling faces).I asked the man(Irish accent) at the front desk about the dinner timings that evening and he asked me to go to the restaurant and ask there as they didnt know anything(I thought Front desk was the information centre and people there being facilitators know everything in and out but no-Literally to my dismay).Later that night,i requested for a shavig kit from my room and the lady(Irish accent again) asked me to come down to the front desk and grab it.I asked why can't that be delivered so she went for a thought and said ok we will.
I am a hotelier myself (Duty Manager-Front Office) and understand plus know "customer service" very well. Highly dissapointed with what happened.Never reccommending this place to anyone.

Cheers

Varun Ragtah

Room Tip: Not Applicable.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Tamsyn V, Executive at Millennium Hotel Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

I am very sorry to hear that you were dissapointed in your stay with us, as I am sure you can understand we take complaints about the level of service we have delivered very seriously. Although the day you checked in our reception team were very busy with the flight disrupt there is no reason why you should not have recieved a much higher level of service.

I have spoken to each member in my team about these issues and they will be given further training so we can continue to improve and offer top level customer service and more extensive knowledge to all our guests especially during busy periods.

I appreciate your feedback.
Front office Manager

Reviewed February 8, 2013

lovely hotel, well positioned next to all tourist attraction. Staff very friendly, rooms very clean and big. Had a family weekend there travelling with our 9 months old baby, the hotel put up a cot in our room and was lovely

Room Tip: get a room facing the garden, beautiful view indeed
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Was a mystery hotel on wotif and excellent value for money . Close to town bit of a walk up the hill but we needed the exercise. Good sized rooms, clean, didnt eat there but meal options look like they offered good value . Couldnt ask for much more

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We had 6 nights at the Millennium on a good rate booked directly with the hotel. We were happy with our room apart from the lack of WiFi. Staff were friendly and service good. Breakfasts were fine - we only had one evening meal - which was very good (because we wanted to try other restaurants). On the days we didn't have a car we used the shuttle - one day we walked from town. We are unlikely to stay again unless they get WiFi sorted.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple