“Affordable”

Ranked #31 of 58 Hotels in Queenstown
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Affordable”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

While not located in the heart of the city, it is a short 5 minutes walk, which is one of the perks of staying here.
We booked through booking.com/hotels, so we grabbed a standard room at $113 (per night), which was a bargain in comparison to other hotels. So always check booking.com/hotels to see what bargains you may find!
However I found the room modest at best, nothing too fancy, yet nothing too appalling. The restaurant was always empty when we walked past, so we did not risk trying it out, when there are much better restaurants in the city
Overall, a very affordable stay at a nice clean hotel

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Slovak first
Berkeley
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Very different from my expectation of Millennium chain. A small hotel. My room is very dark, in the back of the hotel facing a wall with no light and no view. No view of the lake from hotel room. Buffet brekki was ok, nothing fancy but not bad. Internet is expensive so didn't purchase the plan.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Zoe W
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed December 8, 2012

The room was clean, and beds comfortable.
The gym was pretty weak - dumb bells too small to be of use to me.
I never ate there - so not sure about the food. They did not have Soy milk for my protein shakes.
I stayed for a fast weekend, so only basic experience.
Internet speed ok, though you pay per connection. A common problem I avoid with a free program called Connectify, though less convenient.

I was annoyed though, or they would have got a 5 star review. I accidentally left my sports jacket there on my last day. I was in town all day, and had left my bags there. I went to pick up my bags, but only remembered the jacket when I arrived in Auckland. They had my number, and my bags and never left a note, nor did they call. Cost me $150 to FedEx the jacket (cheapest way).

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room near the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
TAURANGA NZ
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Very nicely laid out hotel.Good size rooms and great beds. Food and service both very good.
Good hotel for all ages. Reasonable walk into town and a very step hill coming back. If you are happy to not be right in town and either use transport or do the serious exercise walk this is a great hotel.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a quiet room request a room with a view of the garden. Book parking if you r...
Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Stayed on two separate nights either side of walking the Milford track. Staff made check in easy and were very helpful with left luggage. Breakfast was included in our rate, there was plenty of it.
Catch the bus to and from the airport. The stop is right outside the hotel, every 15min,$8 pp versus an overpriced taxi.

• Stayed November 2012
Auckland NZ
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Last Thursday my wife and I were part of a cancelled flight out of Queenstown, our airline Jetstar
very kindly provided a nights accommodation with meals and transfers(for 150 passsngers) - the Hotel provider was the Millenium Queenstown - what an amazing experience of organisation and effeciency, the Manager and his team were ready, complete with bookings within 90 minutes notice, we had top quality rooms and a bufett evening meal and bufett breakfast between 4am - 5am in time to meet the coach transfer back to the airport - The manager and his team were an excellent example of doing it right, I am in a customer service business so I can recognise a good team. I would have no hesitation in recommending this Hotel and staying again on my next visit to Queenstown.

Room Tip: All the rooms were located with views to a lovely internal garden
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I have stayed at the hotel a few years back when it first opened and wasnt very impressed back then but this time around the customer service EXCEEDED my expectations so well done Millennium Hotel. Rooms are fine and comfortable but yes was impressed with the team there so thanks to Paul and the team.