We spent two nights at the Heritage Hotel (the Wotif mystery deal) during our stay in Queenstown. It's a bit out of the city centre, but is a lovely hotel up on a hill overlooking the lake. There is a free shuttle bus that goes into the city (every 10 min, I think).
When we arrived, the room was configured with two single beds instead of the double bed we requested. We called the front desk to sort it out, and they immediately sent a staff member to rearrange the bed (the two beds zip together to make a double bed).
We ordered dinner from room service one night. The menu is rather limited, but the prices are reasonable. The hamburger was great, but the Cesar salad was quite small (for the price), and the Asian noodle dish my partner ordered was bland and tasted as if it came out of a package--disappointing.
The hotel has parking, but it is rather limited (underground and a few outdoor spaces) considering the number of guestrooms.
We were overall very pleased with our stay, minus the few blips. It was an excellent value, and a lovely mystery treat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Heritage Hotel Queenstown is a ski lodge style building constructed from stone & Cedar, standing proud above the shores of Lake Wakatipu, with views of the majestic Remarkables Mountain Range. The main lodge building holds leisure facilities, bar and restaurant which is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The property also features a secure ski and snowboard storage area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heritage Queenstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Queenstown Hotel Queenstown
- Heritage Hotel Queenstown
- Queenstown Heritage Hotel