General ambience of hotel had me in seventh heaven when I arrived. It is decorated in all the old style rustic decor that appealed to me on the internet which is why we selected this hotel for our honeymoon. As we made our way to our suite, I was hyperventellating at the detail that surrounded us, the wicker baskets, umbrellas and retro carpets.
However, once in our honeymoon suite, the first rude encounter was that there was that the only lighting put the entire room in daylight. Not good when you want to cook your new husband an intimate dinner on your night of married life.
Surely, they could have separated the general broad room ligthing from the ktichenette so that you don't have to blind your slumbering sleeping partner while preparing a surprise breakfast? A tiny detail I know, but a pretty significant one when you are paying top dollars for four and half star accommodation.
Then there was the saga of trying to get an ashtray for the balcony of our apartment. Won't comment on that.
Plunger for plunger coffee - take heed - buy both because any requests for either will do your head in, that is if you get through to reception after a 20 minute wait listening to the ringing tone.
If and when you finally get one after being told that there is no way they provide that kinda thing and you put up a stink, don't be surprised to receive a couple of hours later a used looking plunger (supposedly from someone's flat with coffee dregs still in it).
Oh, and don't try ordering a brandy and coke in person from the bar at 11 pm on Tuesday night because they will refer you to reception because the bar has closed. Reception will very poitely tell you to get stuffed.
So much for four and half star accommodation. Kinda think we have been had. Sad but true particularly as it is our honeymoon and we searched long and hard on the internet for our ideal place to spend this special time. And price wasn't a problem, all we wanted was four and half star service during this special time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Heritage Hotel Queenstown is a ski lodge style building constructed from stone & Cedar, standing proud above the shores of Lake Wakatipu, with views of the majestic Remarkables Mountain Range. The main lodge building holds leisure facilities, bar and restaurant which is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The property also features a secure ski and snowboard storage area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Heritage Queenstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Queenstown Hotel Queenstown
- Heritage Hotel Queenstown
- Queenstown Heritage Hotel