We stayed here for 1 night in a 2-bedroom apartment with lake view. I really liked the location of this hotel, in the peaceful suburb of Fernhill, still very close to the Queenstown centre. The hotel itself is gorgeous, with a lot of European feel.
The accommodation areas are divided into three wings, one of which is facing the lake. Facilities include underground carpark (but sometimes it gets full) and the very inviting hot tub/small pool. Unfortunately we didn't try the hot tub as the weather was so rainy during our stay. The apartments were large and comfortable, with all the expected amenities (even a laundry station was provided!). There's a small balcony where you can relax and contemplate the lovely view of the lake.
If anything needs improvement, it might be the restaurant on the ground floor. The food was fine, but the dishes took rather long to arrive at the table, even though not many guests were there. Aside from this minor quibble, I would gladly recommend this hotel for visitors to Queenstown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Heritage Hotel Queenstown is has a ski lodge style building constructed from stone & Cedar, standing proud above the shores of Lake Wakatipu, with views of the majestic Remarkables Mountain Range. The main lodge building holds leisure facilities, bar and restaurant which is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The property also features a secure ski and snowboard storage area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heritage Queenstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Queenstown Hotel Queenstown
- Heritage Hotel Queenstown
- Queenstown Heritage Hotel