Heritage Queenstown
Azur(Queenstown)
$908
$795
Agoda.com
Oaks Club Resort(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$175
$137
  • Fitness center
$126
$80
  • Restaurant
Sofitel Queenstown Hotel & Spa(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$213
$195
  • Restaurant
Novotel Queenstown Lakeside(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$148
Novotel
$216
$171
  • Free Internet
$113
$105
  • Room Service
Central Ridge Boutique Hotel(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$170
$140
Travelocity
Kinross Cottages(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$171
$158
1,696 results
All reviewsforest winglake viewdeluxe roomfamily roomin townbuffet breakfastopen firespa poolsteep hillunderground parkingnew zealandquiet locationwashing machinesmall balconymilford soundamazing viewssouth island
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 14, 2014

My extended family and i have stayed at the Heritage Hotel in Queenstown several times over the past six years, having been initially impressed by everything the hotel offers. However, our last three stays (the most recent being December, 2013) have disappointed us immensely.

Firstly, the Heritage hotel in Queenstown appears to playing some game by attracting clientele with offers of lake-facing luxury rooms when booking and, then, allocating no-view, standard rooms on arrival (checking in). Apart from Han (a member of the reception team), who is excellent, the reception service is below par. Avoid duty manager Sebastian at all costs - he is rude, arrogant and totally under-skilled for the position.

Some of the staff do not speak English which is a challenge for English clients but I do understand that a large number of visitors are Japanese and Chinese tour groups.

Room cleaning is okay but they don't seem to provide replacement soap.

The restaurant staff remain truly excellent all round. This was the best part of our stay and the restaurant experience remains fantastic.

Arranging a massage or spa-treatment is impossible: their on-site service has now been outsourced and is seldom available.

Management does not respond to complaints.

Overall, our perception of Heritage hotel in Queenstown has diminished somewhat and we shall not stay there again. We would rather try other hotels in Queenstown and come the Heritage for dinner!

Room Tip: Be careful of this hotel: their marketing is misleading. You get promised a fantastic luxury room which is not available on arrival.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jonathan S
Donna S, General Manager at Heritage Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Good afternoon Jonathan S

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback on your recent stay with us at the Heritage Hotel in Queenstown.

It is very disappointing to read about your experience with us. I would like to look into this further personally, if you would be happy to email me on Donnas@heritagehotels.co.nz with your details.

I apologise for this experience as this is not acceptable – I look forward to you contacting me.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stayed 2 nights at Heritage Queenstown in the most enormous guest room. It was very clean, comfortable, quiet and spacious. Free carparking was available either outside or in the basement of the building. The Heritage is not right in town, but it's a lovely walk downhill and along the lake shore to the restaurants and shops. A taxi back to the hotel is around $12. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank essjay

Good afternoon essjay

It is great you enjoyed your stay. I will make sure your comments are passed onto the team.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed 3 night in the Forest Wing, with a lakeside view. Well worth paying the extra for that view. the room was very large and definitely adequate for our needs, the bed was so comfortable. It is up the hill a little way from the , but a 10 - 15 min walk to the centre of town, perhaps 20 mins walking back up the hill. But the bus stop is just outside the hotel, for those that are not inclined to walk. We had breakfast twice in Mackensies, and that was lovely. Staff very helpful through out the complex.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Good afternoon nzomaha

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay – I will ensure your comments are passed onto the team.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Having never been to Queenstown I pored over the map trying to figure out where the best place to stay would be – we weren’t planning on booking a vehicle so it needed to be walking distance. I read the glowing reviews about the Heritage and noting that people mentioned that it might have been a walk into town, but the walk was pleasant, so I booked the Heritage.

Having now spent several days in Queenstown I wouldn’t hesitate to book the Heritage again – the central business district in Queenstown is much smaller than I’d imagined, to be honest it’s kind of cramped – I liked that our hotel had its own space to spread out in, some of the downtown hotels would have only had views from the very front and I don’t think they would have been great views either.

The walk into town (approx. 10 minutes) does involve walking down and up a hill, but I’m from Wellington so I didn’t think it was anything really. At the bottom of the hill you walk along the lakeside which was lovely. The other thing to consider is that car parking is at a premium in the centre of Queenstown, so even if you had a car you’d be parking slightly out of the centre and walking anyways.

The Heritage itself is lovely, an impressive warm foyer with schist stone walls and mountain lodge style décor. The restaurant was a good size with an outdoor stone terrace taking in the views – the staff were friendly, international and genuinely interested in their guests and helping with any plans, the service was faultless to be honest.

I’d asked for a room with a lake view and while the Lake View wing was fully booked, the top floor of the Mountain View wing is high enough that the rooms are above the hotel and overlook the Lake – it was perfect, the view was like something from a postcard. The room was also huge and the bed one of the most comfortable I’ve slept in.

There was a spa pool, swimming pool and gymnasium which all looked good (we were too busy day tripping to actually use them) and used the restaurant for breakfast, but went into Queenstown for dinner.

So the service was great, the room superior and it had all the bells and whistles you associate with resort style accommodation – but it’s the views that take the Heritage to the next level and being a little bit removed from the hustle and bustle of the CBD is definitely a bonus – I’d definitely use The Heritage Queenstown again, and based on the service levels we received I’d probably use their hotels in other locations as well – recommended.

Room Tip: Lake view rooms have a premium, but to be honest its worth it
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Good afternoon KiwiKong

It is great to read all of your wonderful comments and I am dlieghted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will ensure your comments are passed onto the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stayed in a two bedroom suite (Rm. 305 and 306) in the Lakeview Wing. Parking is on the basement floor of your building, which is great when the weather is bad. The view from the balcony was awesome. It's a beautiful view of the lake and mountains. The perfect place to have breakfast in the morning and enjoy a little drink in the evening. The stars were amazing too, btw!

The room was very large and modern. Nice comfy beds. One was a regular bedroom with two twins (305, I think) and the other was a king bed suite with a nice large kitchen, combo washer/dryer and living room space. There was a sofabed in the living room if needed. Both rooms had balconies, desk space, full bathroom, tv and outlets so you can charge your electronics up. I think we might have even had a blu ray player in the suite. This was a great space for a family to set up and spread out.

Hotel was very nice as a whole. Has a small pool, spa and sauna. The spa/hot tub area was very small, so if any kids went in, adults looking for some quiet time quickly moved out. Internet service was what we had been experiencing in hotels across NZ. LIMITED! They allowed free 20 min. in lobby and in room. Can't remember data allowance, but it wasn't much. We sucked it up and paid for $10 (I think) for a 24 hour period and 1 or 2GB data for four devices. For us, it was worth it.

The location of the hotel is away from the city center on a steep hill. Walking to town is about 25 min, but it is a beautiful walk along the lake. The only killer is the hill at the end (on your way back). You can also take a little hiking path at the bottom of the hill through the trees back up to the hotel if you want a prettier path than sidewalk.

Another option for non-walkers is taking the connect-a-bus, which runs all over town. If you get your bus tickets at the front desk, it costs $5 for a round trip ticket. Otherwise, you pay $4.50 one way when you get on the bus. There are other options as well - tickets for day and for the week, so depending how much you are using the bus, you can purchase those at the start of your trip. The bus stop is right across the street from the hotel. That gets you into town in about 5-10 min. The first stop is at the edge of town and the second drops you right in the middle of town. They run about every 20 min. I think.

If you are doing excursions, a lot of tour companies will come pick you up directly at your hotel, so you don't need to worry about getting into town. If you haven't set anything up, they post last minute specials in the lobby by the concierge desk, so you can save some money. The concierge was very helpful in setting up anything we needed.

This is a nice hotel if you want a place away from the hustle and bustle of the city to chill after a busy day out. Make sure to get a room with a lake view on the third floor, so you can look out over trees. If you want to be in the middle of it all, then you should find another place.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room with a lake view on the third floor, so you can look out over trees.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Good afternoon LFan345678

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, I will ensure your comments are passed onto the team. With regard to the internet, we do have package deals where internet is included. My apologies that you were not made aware of this.