My Fiance and I stayed for 7 nights in the Waterfall wing of the Heritage hotel in Queenstown.
The room was beautfiull, there was a fabulously stocked Mini bar with loads of different drinks and some snacks, although they were all priced through the roof! so we didn't end up drinking/eating from the Mini bar for that reason.
The room itself in my opinion, and the TV set up, was much better than the Hilton Hotel in Auckland City!
We didn't have a very good view from our deck which was a little disappointing, I'm not sure why they put us at the back of the building with only trees in our face for a view, when there were lots of spare rooms at the front which faced the Lake - we would have much preferred that.
Anyway the best part about this Hotel is the 24 hour room service! There are about 4 different menus to choose from, all meals able to be delivered to your room, at any time day or night, even 3am if you wish! Or you can eat downstairs at the Restaurant which without a doubt was basicly perfect the food was great, although the dishes weren't huge the food was still lovely. The breakfast Buffet was our favourite, with every type of food for breakfast you can think of, and eat as much as you like! All the staff, waiters & waitresses were so friendly, helpfull and very good at their jobs! They also did daily House keeping, made our bed etc and replaced whatever kitchen/bathroom items we had used which I thought was fantastic, coming home to a nice tidy room each day was lovely. What I didn't like was we had no Microwave in our room which was very annoying! For a flash hotel such as this, with every other service available to us, we had no microwave! The bed was also odd, it was a king bed and one side was soft, the other hard as a rock! we left at the end of our 7 day trip with very sore backs.
Another thing that annoyed me was we only had two pillows, although we didn't ask for more, I think having a couple extra available, if not on the bed, in the cupboard for us to use if we wanted to would have been really great and polite?
A few other great things were the heated pool, spa, gym and laundry facilities available to use whenever we liked were really fantastic!
I would definitely recommend this Hotel to my friends and family for a very Luxurious stay :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Heritage Hotel Queenstown is has a ski lodge style building constructed from stone & Cedar, standing proud above the shores of Lake Wakatipu, with views of the majestic Remarkables Mountain Range. The main lodge building holds leisure facilities, bar and restaurant which is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The property also features a secure ski and snowboard storage area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heritage Queenstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Queenstown Hotel Queenstown
- Heritage Hotel Queenstown
- Queenstown Heritage Hotel