My partner and I spent a weekend here in a "Deluxe Room" and were quite disappointed.
Firstly, Qualmark should really assess the 4+ star rating - we normally stay at 4 - 5 star establishments and this hotel definitely is not.
The room had no air conditioning - just a heater and very damp and stuffy. There aren't any windows to open, just a french door opening to the swimming pool area and anyone could look inside if you leave it open. The door was dripping with condensation each morning. If you're looking for peace and quiet - forget it. Very noisy when children were swimming and the door to the balcony doesn't seal, so there's no shutting out the noise. And the swimming pool is open to 11pm apparently! Walls are thin, you hear housekeeping chatting all day. The bathroom doesn't have an extractor fan, just a useless vent. After a shower or bath it took some time for steam to clear. They have those toilets with the water in front of the bowl, so if you have to sit, the excrement falls on the back of the bowl and you need a toilet brush to clean, which isn't supplied. Why on earth would they have TWO toilet roll holders with to rolls of toilet paper next to the loo? There are several lights in the room varying from soft to extremely bright spotlights on your face in bed. There is only the switch at the door, so you can't switch them off individually or even from bed. There are a couple of positives though - the bed wasn't too bad, the room was clean and plenty of towels.
Breakfast was very average. We would have been very unhappy to pay the normal price of $31 (they had a "special").
The hotel is situated out of town, so not convenient for a walk to town. There are a limited numer of parking bays under the hotel, but if you arrive in the early evening, there won't be any spots left and you'll have to park in a muddy lot across the road. Several bays are used for building materials for renovations.
I cannot recommend the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Heritage Hotel Queenstown is a ski lodge style building constructed from stone & Cedar, standing proud above the shores of Lake Wakatipu, with views of the majestic Remarkables Mountain Range. The main lodge building holds leisure facilities, bar and restaurant which is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The property also features a secure ski and snowboard storage area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Heritage Queenstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Queenstown Hotel Queenstown
- Heritage Hotel Queenstown
- Queenstown Heritage Hotel