This hotel was very nicely presented and very spacious rooms with huge bed. After being in New Zealand for a few days and a bag of dirty laundry, the hotels laundry was useful to say the least. Very reasonably priced too at $2 NZ a wash and the same for a dryer.
The staff were very friendly and the restaurant offered a lovely meal with the chefs on view cooking your meal. Had breakfast here too which was not a huge big buffet style but certainly adequate.
Although this hotel is a short walk from town it is set on a hill but they do offer vouchers for a free bus ride back from town. We didn't actually use the bus and endured the climb which wasn't anything too strenuous.
Plenty of things to do and see around Queenstown as you would expect with some gorgeous views.
Visited the bird sanctuary just so as we could say we saw a kiwi but found this one of the most expensive places to visit of our trip as far as value for money went. We did see a kiwi but mainly on a tv screen and in dark night light lit rooms. Other animals were not of great quantity. A nice place but as I say maybe over priced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Heritage Hotel Queenstown is a ski lodge style building constructed from stone & Cedar, standing proud above the shores of Lake Wakatipu, with views of the majestic Remarkables Mountain Range. The main lodge building holds leisure facilities, bar and restaurant which is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The property also features a secure ski and snowboard storage area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heritage Queenstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Queenstown Hotel Queenstown
- Heritage Hotel Queenstown
- Queenstown Heritage Hotel