“Photos are misleading”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Spice Room

The Spice Room
Ranked #37 of 257 Restaurants in Queenstown
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: We offer, melt in your mouth authentic Indian cuisine, including fresh salads, delicate kebabs and delicious curries and naan breads. Also soak in the view from our restaurant on the 1st floor, offering the remarkables and Walter peak. Perfect for bigger groups (Large separate dinning area), intimate dinning and takeaways.
“Photos are misleading”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I would rate the butter chicken a 3.5/5 stars and my sleep that night 1/5 stars because my girlfriend kept me up spewing all night. She had the special of the night which was a boneless chicken with coriander coating on a sizzling plate with veggies and a yougourt sauce. Also the photos are quite misleading they don't show you were you actually sit on the website, it felt like a storage space as I remember seeing unused items and brooms sitting in a corner. Overall experience Average, can't say I'd return or recommend.

4 Thank brislyn15

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
“Very good Indian Food! Generous portions too!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We had the "early Bird special" for dinner, that is arriving between 6-7pm gives you a main curry dish, couple of Naan bread and rice for $20. We felt that was reasonable and decided to give it a try.

You can select spice levels - mild, hot, and Indian hot. I don't have very good spice tolerance, Indian hot sent me finishing a whole bottle of water, and hot was just a little too much for me to take but was still manageable.

Overall, We enjoyed the curry a LOT! It was one of the best curries we have tasted. My only gripe was I was over-ambitious and went for higher spice levels, resulting me filling up with water instead of food. Other than that we enjoyed our meal very very much, and would recommend this to anyone who has a craving for Indian Food!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best curry!!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Im a local, I can say best indian food in town. Love it. Come to the restaurant quite often... never disappointed. Likhil and the staff really friendly and helpful. Cheers guys! Keep up with the good work.

1 Thank Gabriel F
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Excellent Indian food”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We were in Queenstown for 4 nights and ended up going here for dinner twice because it was so good. Great ambiance, amazing food, excellent service and the balcony seating in the evenings looking out into the town all added up to a wonderful experience. Highly recommended.

• Visited February 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Very good”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

As usual I ordered Muttar Paneer, which is not on the menu....I measure my Indian food by this dish and it was amazing. Great service, great food. A lovely night out.

Visited June 2013