“Amazing experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Air Wakatipu

Air Wakatipu
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: No trip to Queenstown is complete without visiting the breathtakingly beautiful Milford Sound. Let our pilots take you on an unforgettable scenic flight-seeing adventure into the heart of the Southern Alps and around New Zealand's tallest mountain and largest glaciers.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

My husband and I had a fantastic day flying to milford sound - we would thoroughly recommend it.
What a great way to see the incredible scenery. This was my first time in a small plane, my initial nerves settled quickly after take off. I felt we were gliding through the sky and so close to the mountains.
Our pilot Mackenzie was great, very knowledgable about the area's geography, I really ennjoyed his commentary and felt safe and in professional hands at all times.
The plane only seated 4 including the pilot. It felt very exclusive to have our 'own plane'. There was one other passenger.
The lakes and snow capped mountains are incredible to see from the air, I didnt want it to end.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Palm Beach, Australia
“Wakatipu Aero Club and Air Wakatipu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Fantastic Flight today. Thanks Gareth.. Great Pilot.. Perfect landing and great running commentary on the sights and terrain we flew over. Very informative.Thanks also for being extra considerate when navigating/negotiating through the mountains and peeks and choosing the snoothest path.
Awesome Aero club.. Winning Pilot you have in your staff

Gareth A, Pilot at Air Wakatipu, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Thanks for the review, Andrea!
Oz
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Professional Quality Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

I had organised a fly, cruise, heli, fly package for my wife, son and his partner while I had another day skiing, (the right bribe will generally work). Unfortunately the weather wasn't suited to landing at Milford so after a delay and further weather checks I decided to book them a flight over Mt Aspiring NP and Fiordland for 1.5hrs. I also mentioned that my son is a pilot and it would be great if he could take the controls for a while.
It turned out that they had a fantastic time and my son flew the entire trip and gained 1.5hrs in his log book towards his mountain flying accreditation.
The instructor, (Julie Anne), provided a very knowledgeable commentary and rekindled my son's love of flying. Recently he has been gliding and aside from the tug has had little time in powered aircraft.
Thanks, they are still raving about it

Newcastle, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

This trip was worth the splurge. Everything was well organized from pickup from hotel to the final drop off. Milford sound was beautiful but the flight there and back is what makes this trip special.
The view of the mountains and landscape is awe inspiring. The plane is tiny which adds to a sense of adventure and we felt totally safe with our pilot Mackenzie who also provided a very knowledgable commentary on the area. Really brilliant trip.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great Air Wakatipu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

We strongly recommend this flight from Milford Sound to Queenstown. Great service. Took one call from the coach to book return flight from Milford sound. Mckenzie was very friendly and prompt. Good fare too. Great views. Go for it.

Gareth A, Pilot at Air Wakatipu, responded to this review, June 23, 2013