“We had a blast!”

$165.54*
and up
Kawarau River White Water Sledging
More attraction details
Owner description: White Water Sledging is the best way to get up close and personal with the mighty waters of the southern lakes of New Zealand. Take on the rapids of the historic Kawarau River on our river purpose sledges, designed and built in New Zealand! They are buoyant and manoeuvrable, perfect for running rapids and spinning in whirlpools! Enjoy this pristine alpine white water adventure in one of New Zealand`s most scenic rivers. Haven’t had enough? We head back up to the top for another exhilarating 6 km run. You will end up a fully-fledged Frog with a big smile! The Roaring Meg section of the mighty Kawarau is graded 2-3. No experience is required but you must be able to swim, be reasonably fit and confident in water. Our team is comprised of seasoned professionals. Frogz has been running white water sledging trips from Queenstown and Wanaka since 1991.
Scottsdale
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“We had a blast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

Awesome trip! We rate it among the Top 3 activities on our New Zealand trip. Just the right balance of fun, adventure and laughter. The guides were personable and very attentive. A couple of times I got stuck in the jetti, but before I knew it he was pulling back to the mid-flow safe zone. My husband and I are adventure junkies- frogs sledging was such a fun and unique experience.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank piglet99Scottsale

Chesham
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Much scarier than it looks but imn safe hands”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

At 175 dollars this was an expensive trip but lasted for over 4 hours.
this looked as though it should be an absolute doddle but do not be fooled. I am a confident swimmer and not frightened of water. this trip shows you just how powerful water is. we stareted our trip with a lovely journey with oiur guides in a mini bus through from qtown to the Kowarau river which is mighty and very beautiful. the real indignity was trying to fit my size 20 bulk into a wet suit which did fit but OMG no photos blow the waist please. we had a safety briefing wh8icvh made me realise that I was going to be on my own out there and I did feel a little panicked. However, the leader took me under her wing and held onto my board until I set off. sadly I did at one point let go of my board in a white water area and actually thougyt I was going to die but of course lived to tell the tale. there is no going back once you are in there so you just have to get on with it. first run down scary but you get the chance to do the whole thing all over again if you want to. I did not but my husband did and really enjoyed it far more. There is a bit of rick clambering up and down sometyimes with fins on so if you are not sure footed think about this. don't want to scare anyone off as I am realy glad I did it. the team are great. Very friendly and they do keep you safe even if you do think you might die a bit!!!!!!! Well done Frogz team and thank you

3 Thank Clare J
Auckland Region, New Zealand
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great water ride, scary van journey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

The water experience was great, the dangerous ratty old van that took us there was scary, Seats broken and no seat belts. Driver and staff more interested in what they did last night than in concentrating on the road.

Visited April 2011
Ilkley
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Great Queenstown get wet experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

Get down and wet with Frogz. This is great fun for the water confident - quite hard work at times, but really rewarding. Don't worry about cold water, the wet suits do their job. Don't worry about the river, the guides are very competent, are great fun and will look after you without nannying you. The river currents, eddys and whirlpools will surprise and probably frustrate you. Give it a go, you won't be disappointed.

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun conference activity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

The guys at Frogz were very professional and look after my conference group very well. I also went along and HAD A BLAST! I've always wanted to river surfing and super pleased I used Frogz to have my first experience. The guides were excellent, I never felt like I was in any form of danger. I highly recommend FROGZ!