“I love it!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

$53.82*
and up
Lake Wakatipu Cruise and Mt Nicholas High Country 4WD Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Cruise spectacular Lake Wakatipu on the Queenstown Discovery. See the towering Remarkables mountain range, Cecil Peak and the Frankton Arm. The Queenstown Lake Cruise focuses on the history, local legends and stunning vistas. Be greeted in Maori and enjoy the 'sound of silence' at Kelvin Heights, five main photo stops and two 360 degree turns for uninterrupted views. This cruise also includes free admission to the Queenstown Underwater observatory and complimentary tea & coffee.
“I love it!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

I loved.this cruise.It was an awesome day.Thank you very much and I.was surprised.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

I chose this Lake Cruise on a whim as a cruise on the lake was highly recommended by family and friends. This one had received good reviews and seemed affordable so I went for it.

The cruise was beautiful. I had Rowan as a skipper and he was incredibly friendly, knowledgable, and approachable. I was impressed with the entire cruise and I felt that the length (about an hour and a half) and vistas were well worth the money. It was a beautiful day when we were on the lake, and is truly one of my favorite memories of my trip to the South Island.

Thanks Rowan and Southern Discoveries for a great time!

Visited April 2012
SouthernDiscoveries, Manager at Queenstown Lake Cruise - Southern Discoveries, responded to this review, May 19, 2012
Hi and thank you for taking the time to write a review! The Queenstown Lake Cruise is a perfect way to spend a sunny afternoon and we're glad you enjoyed it so much!
Sydney, Australia
“Lake Wakatipu - afternoon cruise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

Cruising around the sparkling waters of Lake Wakatipu was a highlight of our trip to New Zealand. Thanks to Skipper Rowan's local knowledge and professional assistance with wheelchair access.

Visited March 2012
SouthernDiscoveries, Manager at Queenstown Lake Cruise - Southern Discoveries, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Hi and thank you for taking the time to write a review! We love to hear from customers who enjoyed the Queenstown Lake Cruise and it's great that you considered it a highlight!
Auckland
“Oh just read the review, it's excellent trust me.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

I was given this trip free as someone couldn't make it and when I turned up there was only 3 other people there (all part of the same family). I was a little sceptical at first as I was only doing it to fill up my day, but by the time I was on the boat I felt it was the right choice. You have to do at least one touristy thing in Queenstown but this felt more personal than that, the skipper (Rowan) was incredibly friendly and you could ask him any question straight away he knew the answer. It wasn't just showing us the area around Lake Wakatipu, we got to go to the most peacefully beautiful area in the lake; taste the water, take in the scenery and enjoy having the place to share with new friends. I wanted to make this review for other people travelling alone like I was, take time to recharge your adrenaline and do this cruise.

Visited March 2012
Hi and thank you for taking the time to write a review! The Queenstown Lake Cruise really is a great activity for both families and single travellers, and as you said, it's a great way to relax and unwind during your time in Queenstown.
Queenstown, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Incredibly knowlegdable skipper!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

I did this cruise as part of a famil for work and really enjoyed it!! The skipper Steve just knew everything about Queenstown! It was amazing, he answered every question thrown at him. The scenery was quite breath taking and given the beautiful weather with the free coffee and biscuit it was all round a very relaxing and enjoyable day out!! Plus the added bonus of being able to go to the underwater observatory was great!

Visited April 2012
SouthernDiscoveries, Manager at Queenstown Lake Cruise - Southern Discoveries, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Hi and thank you for taking the time to write a review!
We love to hear from everyone who enjoys our Lake Cruise and the wealth of information our skippers have can be mind blowing sometimes!