“A morning to remember!”

Art Adventures
Ranked #109 of 160 Tours in Queenstown
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Tour with Art Adventures and discover the essence of New Zealand art by visiting artist studios', regional dealer galleries, lunching at local vineyards, and taste award wining wines.Discover your creativity in spectacular scenery while our professional tutors guide you in your own masterpiece. We provide everything and the materials are yours to keep. With Art Adventures everyday is different.
Reviewed November 27, 2011

A couple of greenhorn artists were collected from our accommodation by our host in a luxury VW multivan with cream leather seats to boot. Off we went having no idea of our destination to find ourselves at the historical Cardrona Pub. On the way Alice introduced us to our tutor and we were given a surprise package which to our delight contained a hi-spec leather bound moleskin in which to sketch in. We started work immediately and we were staggered at the progress we had made in two hours. Our tutor established an instant rapport with our group and assisted with wonderful advice and guidance. We were both thrilled with our final sketch

ArtAdventuresnz, Owner at Art Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2011

It was a pleasure to have you and I thought you both did impressionable work! Merry Christmas

There are newer reviews for Art Adventures

Reviewed November 21, 2011

My husband and I went out with Art Adventures earlier this month and had a wonderful day! I would highly recommend this tour. Often in Queenstown you get wrapped up in all the fast paced adventure tourism. This tour is something completely different and really a lot of fun.
Alice picks you up and takes you to a secret location somewhere. We then met Megan our Tutor for the morning. Both Alice and Megan are so warm and welcoming. They kept us entertained and showed us very quickly just how easy it is to create something unique. We had a gorgeous morning tea at the Jacks Point Club house and then sat there for our next landscape in the sun. Could have sat there all day!
So step outside of the box and try this tour. You wont be disappointed!
Thanks so much to Alice & Megan for a great day out.
Bridget.

1  Thank zouga
ArtAdventuresnz, Owner at Art Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2011

Our pleasure!

Reviewed November 13, 2011

Like some of the other posters have commented I was a little nervous about the day. Those fears were gone as soon as I met Alice and Megan. They have a warm and welcoming way of destressing the situation which lets you focus on the beautiful landscapes Queenstown has to offer.
After a few minutes it was from stick men doodles to water colour landscapes.
I will be recommending this tour to our Lodge guests as often as possible.

Thank you Alice & Megan!!

Reviewed November 10, 2011

I did a morning trip with Art Adventures and it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. We were collected in the really comfortable van by Alice who was frendly and informative. We were taken to a lovely location where we were guided through the sketching steps by our tutor Megan, who was great to work with and very encouraging. The hours flew by while i got so involved in the landscape and the sketching - so much so that when our time was up I wanted to continue! I left feeling that it was something i wanted to continue doing, and i have in fact continued with my sketches. Thanks Alice and Megan for introducing me to something new, it was great to come away with your knowledge and tools that I can keep on using,

Reviewed November 10, 2011

I went on the half day sketching trip this week and had an amazing time. I never thought I could draw but the tutors, Alice and Megan, were fantastic and break down all the different elements making it a lot easier. It turns out everyone can draw! We all produced artwork that we were pleased with and we all really improved during the few hours we were there. We were out at Jacks Point so the views and scenery were beautiful. You are provided with all the equipment that you need and you get to take it home allowing you to continue sketching in your spare time.