“Great service, food could be better.”
Review of Eat Humble Pie

Eat Humble Pie
Ranked #6 of 6 Bakeries in Queenstown
Cuisines: Fast Food
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: It’s the smallest shop in town, not more than a few square feet, but it is there. Website is a work in progress, but there are fans on Facebook too… it’s a pie shop, of which I note you don’t have a cuisine category for, despite having Pizza and Hamburger. Perhaps adding Pie as a cuisine would help narrow it down. A photo can be provided if you need more proof, though I’d ideally add it to the page once it’s listed.
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Great service, food could be better.”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

As a hangover cure,a pie should hit the spot. Prospective son-in-law Rich recommended this place to me after a long "welcome" to Queenstown the night before. Hmmmmm.....
Although the Steak in Red Wine pie seemed to do the trick I was still feeling its effects hours after the alcohol had dissipated.
Great guy who served this stuff, word has it that he can't leave until the last pie is sold, I foresee some long days, mate!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank mike s

New England
“Best pie in town”
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

The best food in the world comes from small stands and hole in the wall places. This is no exception. Immaculately clean. Crust is awesome.

Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
“Great Pies, Great Conversation, and a Great Story!”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

If you're only interested in how the pies are, all I can say is that they're simply amazing. I think I had 5 total the entire time I was in Queenstown. Absolutely loved them.

Now for the rest of my story! Let me set the stage for you. My wife and I have just arrived in Queenstown for our 2 week honeymoon. And unfortunately for us our luggage decided to take a side trip to Australia. After waiting a few days with no word from the airline, we're starting to panic. Our 5 day backpack on the Routeburn and Greenstone tracks is just 2 days away.

After another failed call to the airline, we decided that we'd see if we could push the backpack further out to allow more time. Unfortunately for us, we couldn't. It was booked solid. So next we thought about renting gear. Another dead end. Or at least a very heavy toll booth down that road.

So, there I am in the midst of a complete emotional breakdown as my dream honeymoon is falling apart. I remember walking around the block a few times only to find myself sitting on a bench in front of a little hole-in-the-wall vendor. That vendor, was Eat Humble Pie.

After looking at it for a few minutes, I walk over to ask him what a Humble Pie is. He looked at me like I had 2 heads and said "well, it's an expression." I clarified that I meant what is a "meat pie" as we don't have them in the states (at least in my area). After he explained it to me, I ordered a couple. He could tell I was upset, so he asked why. Boy was that a mistake! I told him the whole story. The honeymoon. The lost luggage. The woes! Oh the humanity!

He listened very calmly and we had a great conversation. This was the beginning of the upswing of the story of course. Our luggage arrived in the nick of time (1 hour to spare) and we managed to make it to the track for the perfect backpack!

• Visited January 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“There isn't much to say...”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Except that this store does exactly what it says on the box. Good pies.

A little pricy, for what is, in the scheme of things, a slightly smaller pie, but they do make a very good Chicken and Cranberry Pie.

The service is always good, and the pies are always hot.

A great stop for a snack.

• Visited October 2013
Clyde, New Zealand
“Really hit the spot! Grrrrreat value!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This has been my first visit in ages and ages and what a lovely surprise to get steak and blue cheese pies now! I was eating on the run in my lunch break so it was super convenient. The pie was so delicious that I was planning to return for a second one, but surprisingly enough, it made me feel full, so I didn't need to. Fantastic value and great that EFTPOS is accepted.

• Visited September 2013