“Best thing to do in Queenstown”

Book In Advance
$157.30*
Coronet Peak Tandem Paragliding Main Take off
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Fly with the most experienced dual paragliding and hang gliding Company in New Zealand. Owner/operator Angus Tapper is 4 times NZ Paragliding Champion, runner up in the 2011 NZ Hang Gliding Nationals as has 28 years of aviation experience.Fly from Coronet Peak, the highest of the flying sites in Queenstown. Paragliding or hang gliding? You choose - we offer both! Get the Coronet Peak Tandem Paragliding and Hang Gliding smile :-)
Perth, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Best thing to do in Queenstown”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Launched from Coronet Peak in the afternoon with Omar as my pilot- what a champ! Started off peaceful- the view was unbelievable- then performed a few stunt maneuvers. Much more adrenaline than anticipated! Great crew, really friendly, felt very safe and professional. Highly recommended!

Visited August 2013
Gitti T, Owner at Coronet Peak Tandem Paragliding and Hang Gliding, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Many thanks Richo for your feedback.
The team and especially Omar will be very happy to read your review.
Maybe next time we take you hang gliding, if you visit Queenstown in summer.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Launceston, Tasmania, Australia
“Soaring high”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Great place, great fun and amazing views. Thanks again to the team and Keith for taking me aloft and showing me the wonderful world of paragliding.

Fantastic, Steph!
Good to hear you had a wonderful time soaring high with Keith. I make sure I pass on your thanks to him and the team.
Regards,
Gitti Tapper
“Sick as bro.”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Great scenic flight. Good adrenaline rush at the end. Omar was my pilot and was great to fly with. Highly recommend.

Choice, Bro! ;-)
Good to hear you had a fantastic time with Omar and the team.
Many thanks for taking the time to review us here on Tripadvisor.
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Just. Awesome.”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I had an amazing experience with my tandem flight. Unfortunately my first flight was cancelled due to bad weather but the team were very safety conscious and looked at flying from the summer takeoff instead. That also wasnt viable and I was offered a reschedule or a refund. I rescheduled and Anja was so helpful in booking the date/time and even offered to drop me at the airport after my paraglide so I could make my flight to Christchurch.
The guys were all really friendly, helpful and patient. I found the winter take off site quite intimidating as I haven't been in snow very much but Danno and Omar were amazing and helped me so much.
The flight itself was absolutely amazing. It went for longer than I was expecting and Danno threw in some spins for some extra adrenaline.
I can't speak highly enough of the team and the paragliding flight. I was the most amazing thing I've ever done.

Dear Nicole!
Many thanks for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.
I am pleased to hear, it worked out to fly you in the end. Thanks for having been so patient. The weather can be quite tricky at times, especially when we fly off the summit.
Good to hear the team looked after you well. I will pass on your kind words to the team.
Coronet Peak Tandem Paragliding and Hang gliding
Perth, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“AMAZING EXPERIENCE & EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is quite honestly one of the best experiences of my life. I was talked into paragliding by a mate while we were deciding what to do in between some skiing..I am terrified of heights.! We were recommended these guys and as it turns out they were only a few $$'s more than the one the in town but jump from a lot higher and last a lot longer!

On the drive out to the mountain you are given lots of information and the views are spectacular. The staff are all super friendly and no one could be faulted. It's an additional $15 for the ski lift but this is something you are told of prior to booking and let's face it....any mountain you travel up you have to pay for the lift! I'd say its a short walk to the peak (depending how you are with heights)...as for me it was like walking in lead boots! My instructor Danno was awesome and couldn't have asked for anything more! Everything was 100%! So much so that I required 'assistance' in running off the mountain top from another instructor...

However once in the air and settled rigid in the seat it offers amazing views, peaceful surroundings and one of the best experiences of my life....I would put this right up there with sky diving!! Photos given complimentary and videos optional....could not ask for more. Being it's a 25 minute drive out to the mountain, getting to the top, setting up, running off the mountain and 20 minute glide down it is 100% worth the money. I thank Danno and all the other guys involved and will recommend to any person even contemplating paragliding.!!

Thanks again!
Jen

Visited August 2013
Gitti T, Owner at Coronet Peak Tandem Paragliding and Hang Gliding, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Jennie,
I am thrilled to hear that you had a fabulous time on your paragliding trip with our team. They sure will like to see your great comments, so I make sure I pass it on, especially to Danno. Maybe, since you now have conquered those fears of heights, we now can convince you to come hang gliding with us in summer on your next trip to Queenstown. ;-)
Many thanks again,