“Breathtaking experience - beautiful and exciting!”

Book In Advance
More Info
$157.60*
and up
Coronet Peak Tandem Paragliding In Winter
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Fly with the most experienced dual paragliding and hang gliding Company in New Zealand. Owner/operator Angus Tapper is 4 times NZ Paragliding Champion, runner up in the 2011 NZ Hang Gliding Nationals as has 28 years of aviation experience.Fly from Coronet Peak, the highest of the flying sites in Queenstown. Paragliding or hang gliding? You choose - we offer both! Get the Coronet Peak Tandem Paragliding and Hang Gliding smile :-)
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Breathtaking experience - beautiful and exciting!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and i went paragliding for the first time yesterday. We first went up in the morning but the wind was to strong to fly. Anja had an immediate solution to try again at 3pm the same day, to give us two options if needed on that day, depending on the weather.
At 3 pm we were more lucky and did take off. We both had great pilots, Sander and Omar, who gave us a safe feeling and the experience of a lifetime!!
The pictures and video are great - and worthwhile the extra expenditure (pics are included, video costs a bit extra) since it goes directly to the pilot!
We are now considering becoming pilots ourselves!!!
An absolute must do!!

Gitti T, Owner at Coronet Peak Tandem Paragliding and Hang Gliding, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Awesome, Kiek G! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and now consider to become a pilot yourself. I have to warn you though, it is highly, highly addictive. Once you start, you don't want to stop - personal experience. lol
Yes, I remember, we had a little too strong conditions on take off in the morning you were booked to fly, but it turned out a beautiful, great flying day. Glad it worked out for you to head up again in the afternoon.
Many thanks again for the kind comments. I do make sure Senda and Omar see your review. They love to see happy customers. Many thanks.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“paragliding <3”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

me and my sister wanted to do this and i called and booked everything for us and kindly got a good deal with ther man i spoke to, i had to call and rearrange the time a few times due to other things which we had forgotten about! and they were very understanding and still gave us a good deal.

the paragliding itself was really good, the weather wasnt amazing and a few of the later flights didnt get as good a trip (which is kind of what you have to take into account when you choose to do something like this)

it was a short drive upto coronet peaks and you get free pick up from queenstown town centre :)

i was the first to "fly" as they called it :) out of our group of five and you get about 15 minutes flight time with free pictures and its either $40 for your pictures and a video burned onto a cd or $45 for the 4gb SD card with everything on, i got the SD card as my notebook only holds sd and doesnt have a disk drive so it was perfect

they let you view the videos and pictures while they pack away the wing which is cool, the gent who i flew with was very friendly and chatted to me throughout about the scenery and what id been upto travelling.

i felt very safe and secure and wasnt scared at all! as long as you listen to what they tell you its fine, run walk stand up basically hahahah!

saw a hawk and the wild mountain goats was lovely although i wish we could have done it for longer

thank you so much for an amazing expierience and definately reccomend this to anyone who wants to do something exciting but doesnt quite fancy a sky dive or a bungy just yet!! :)

your out for about 2 hours, the majorety is the 10 minute safety talk, the driving and waiting for the others to land (this doesnt take long and you are watching your video so its not like, actually waiting.)

Dear Emily M!
Many thanks for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We very much appreciate feedback.
Great to see you had a fabulous time with us an many thanks for spreading the word.
Portland, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“great experience”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

enthusiastic staff, very international flavor, coronet peak is totally the way to go (as opposed to the gondola take-off offered by other companies). coronet peak is higher altitude and prettier scenery, you don't have to be a total thrill-seeker as it's purely delightful but exciting as well. they pick you up from town and drop you off after. efficient operation.

Visited January 2013
Gitti T, Owner at Coronet Peak Tandem Paragliding and Hang Gliding, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Many thanks for an awesome review, bk. Yes, it is quite an international team, that we have. Our pilots come from England, Germany, Japan, the Netherlands, Venezuela, Czech, Sweden and of course we have some local Kiwi pilots. This comes in handy with take off briefs, if passengers from different countries, don't speak English that well.
Yes, our Coronet Peak take off is quite a bit higher than the gondola take off. I also do prefer our gorgeous middle earth scenery over the Wakatipu area, compared to flying over town, but that is really a personal choice. From take off to the landing site you fly along for about 4km, so we are also covering quite a bit more ground.
Thanks again for the great feedback.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wooo-hoooo!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I went hang gliding and it was immense!! Really amazing feeling. To be flying over such stunning scenery- you jump from Coronet Peak and get to see views that as a tourist you wouldn't normally visit. The guides are fantastic, professional and make such a friendly team. Don't be nervous just enjoy the ride! can't rate these guys highly enough **thumbs up**!!

Visited January 2013
Gitti T, Owner at Coronet Peak Tandem Paragliding and Hang Gliding, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
What a great review, Mogsie27. We definitely got the smile with this one. Many thanks,
Gitti Tapper, Coronet Peak Tandem Paragliding and Hang Gliding
Islas Canarias, España
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“You have to do it!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

For the first time in my life, I did tandem paragliding. I was a little scared at the beginning, but when you are up there, you forget everything and just enjoy the ride and the scenery, which is amazing. I was also very lucky, because I had a very good instructor (Omar) and he made my first paragliding experience an unforgettable one.

Coronet Peak Tandems is very professional and friendly. They pick you up in the company mini bus for the beautiful trip to the top of Coronet Peak for take-off .They also give you gloves and helmets, etc…The take photos that are included in the price. The videos are an optional extra and I am happy I bought it because my friends didn’t believe I did paragliding!! (important: the money goes to the pilot) After the landing, it is possible to have a treat in the great coffee shop at the flight park. What a better end for a great journey? I’m not sure I’ll repeat. But I know I won’t forget this experience! If you visit Queenstown, you have to do it.

Visited November 2012
Many thanks for all your feedback. Good to see, the crew has looked after you well. Maybe next time you would like to try the hang gliding. We can offer you both! :-) It is quite a different sensation as you are more in a prone/superman position and you fly a little faster with the hang glider.
Regards, Gitti Tapper, Coronet Peak Tandem Paragliding and Hang gliding