“Great walk”

and up
Queenstown ATV Tour
Ranked #3 of 126 things to do in Queenstown
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I am not particularly fit, but managed this in 45 mins (up) and about 25 back down. Great walk, superb views from the basket of dreams, and I'd recommend it! You even have a choice of routes, from about 2/3 of the way up you can go right through the trees on a nice wide path, or left across rougher terrain and in the open - both great walks. Go up one way and down the other!

1  Thank Emma W
Write a ReviewReviews (1,244)

Reviewed November 29, 2013

The Queenstown Hill walking track is accessible from the CBD - although if you are walking from the CBD, the ascent starts pretty much from the end of Ballarat Street! As you are climbing a mountain, it is an ascent the WHOLE way. It's challenging but definitely well worth the effort! The views are fantastic! Photos don't do justice!

I also love how you can take photos with no interruptions, other people, etc as there are not many tourists around! Climb to the summit, you wont regret it!

The descent is all downhill (we jogged it down) and can be quite tough on the knees.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

The great views are expected. The nice restaurant/ coffee shop, and nature walks were a pleasant surprise. Easily spend half a day here. And don't miss out on the Zip Line. It's one of Queenstown's best (and safest) activities. Rain or shine.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I was reluctant to do Queenstown hill. However the walk is not as bad as I expected. The path is well set out and the scenery is amazing. I saw a family of goats up in the forest which was very cute. I loved the basket of dreams, such a great concept and made the walk more interesting. We walked up to very top which is not much further than the basket. Go on, you can do it! Great views up there that make it worth while. I would recommend this to everyone unless you are very unfit.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We took our children and grand children up here twice on our recent visit. something for everyone. son in law did mountain bike riding down the hill. my daughter, wife, grandson and myself played on the Luge.

1  Thank foolonthehill