“bloody awesome”
Review of Sunrise Balloons

Sunrise Balloons
More attraction details
Owner description: Sunrise Balloons is based in Queenstown, New Zealand, flights are scheduled daily, all year round, weather permitting. Queenstown is quite possibly the best landscape in the world to view, and it's even better during a hot air balloon ride followed by a champagne celebration. Come and experience Hot Air Ballooning with us!
Reviewed February 6, 2014

What an absolutely awesome experience, totally different to anything we have ever done before !So peaceful, run by professionals, fantastic.
Totally recommend it as a must do to all.
Cheers Roy & Leanne

Reviewed November 30, 2013

If you want to add something unique to your bucket list, then Ballooning with Sunrise Balloons, Queenstown, is the absolute MUST. These guys really know their craft. Professional and great service. FLOATING over Central Otago region approx 6,000 feet the panaromic views are SPECTACULAR, from snowcapped mountains, waterfalls, lakes, mountains, farmland views are just amazing.

I woke up and checked out the window to see the day was looking pretty good. I made the phone call at 5.50am, spoke to the office, with fingers crossed and YES it was all systems go. The bus picked us up from Pounamu Apartments in Queenstown where I meet up with some lovely people all the way from California, Japan, Nepal and Australia. We arrive in Arrowtown in an open field where the team are setting the balloon up. We are all invited to be involved with the setup and at the end pack it all down and mingle with some lovely people who were all as excited as I was.

How fortunate am I ... VERY much so. And to top it off after a well targeted landing on farmland with more beautiful views we were greeted with a Champagne Breakfast which was decadent, from fresh fruit, to croissants, danishes and Champagne, what better way to start the day. Thank you to the team at Sunrise Balloons. An experience that I will continue to talk about for a long long time. Thank you. You guys ROCK!! Tick :)

1  Thank Ro R
Reviewed November 15, 2013

If you only try one experience in Queenstown, this should be it! Of course you have to be lucky with the weather especially the wind speed, but even with some cloud you will fly. We did and were gobsmacked when we broke through them, we were in a different world- absolutely amazing.
Thanks Rock for a very professional display of balloonmanship (if that's a word), I for one felt extremely safe and enjoyed it immensely. It's not cheap but most definitely "A Must Do"!

1  Thank Keithbrignell
Reviewed June 2, 2013

There's nothing like floating thru air. All the staff involved with this trip were very professional so I was able to relax and just enjoy the whole experience. I even enjoyed the opportunity to help set the balloon up for the flight and help pack it away after the ride. Even though we were all assigned to a section of the basket, which limited our moving around, the balloon rotated 360 degrees and gave us all the same outstanding panoramic views and great photo chances. The champagne breakfast was a welcome ending to this event. I was glad I had this experience on my Bucket List and was able to check it off.

1  Thank nature_observer
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Really well organised operation. You ring them at about 5.30am to check the weather is OK, then they collect you from your motel. You can help get the balloon ready, then off you go. Obviously you're at the mercy of the weather, but I was lucky. The balloon gets up to about 6,000 feet, and the views over the lake and mountains are spectacular. The pilot gently spins the balloon round regularly, so everyone gets a chance to see in all directions My flight lasted about an hour and a quarter, then we landed in a field to find the support crew waiting. Everyone helps to pack the balloon away, then it's champagne and a bit of breakfast before you're dropped back to the motel.