“Awesome Trip”
Review of Sunrise Balloons

Sunrise Balloons
More attraction details
Owner description: Sunrise Balloons is based in Queenstown, New Zealand, flights are scheduled daily, all year round, weather permitting. Queenstown is quite possibly the best landscape in the world to view, and it's even better during a hot air balloon ride followed by a champagne celebration. Come and experience Hot Air Ballooning with us!
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This has to be the best thing I have done in Queenstown. The views over Queenstown and Arrowtown are amazing. It's so quiet and tranquil and the team are extremely friendly, I even got to help set up the balloon.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I can't tell you enough how wonderful the crew is! Rock was our pilot for the ride, and he makes it a great experience for everyone. Our pick up was at 6am and they take you out to a field where I was lucky enough to help fill the balloon with air, which was interesting to watch this happen, then before we knew it we were up in the air, taking in wonderful scenery. To finish it off you help pack the balloon up and get treated with champagne, pastries and fruit!

1  Thank Lucy T
Reviewed October 27, 2012

If you can only do one activity while your in Queenstown it's got to be Sunrise Balloons. This trip was amazing from start to finish. We were picked up at our accommodation at 6am by our friendly driver Brian. Shortly after we arrived at our starting point where we met the crew Carrick and Ben. They went through all the safety procedures with us and the group got a chance to get to know each other. Before we knew it we were getting the balloon ready for the flight. I loved the fact that the crew explained in detail how the balloon works and allowed us all to be involved in the process of getting th balloon airborne and packing it up after landing. The flight itself was truely breathtaking, the balloon glided so smoothly. Its simply the best way to view Queenstown and the surrounding area. Carrick (The pilot) was extremely friendly he was more than happy to answer any questions we had. On landing we were greeted by the other members of he crew and given a wonderful picnic , which included pasties, champagne, fruit and a selection of hot drinks. If you get the opportunity give the Sunrise Ballooning a go and you won't be dissapointed .

Reviewed September 28, 2012

You need a bit of luck to have a hot air bloom ride. It all depends on the weather you see. So as soon as we arrived in Queenstown, we booked our bloom ride straight away. We needed to call the company staff at 6am so see if the tour is operating for the day as the weather may look fine but up in the air it could be too windy to fly the bloom.

We stayed in Queenstown for 3 nights. The first morning I was up and ready by 6am. The weather looked promising, but when I made the call, they said the tour was canceled. The second day was the same- weather looked fine but it was still too windy up in the air. My husband and I were quite disappointment as we were leaving the next day. So in the morning of our last day, I was lying on the bed when we called about the tour. Guess what? Yes, we are going on the bloom ride that day.

There were only 6 people in the bucket (including 2 pilots to fly the bloom), so everyone has a good view from the air. We were helping to set up the bloom, in the air for about 1 hour, and then having a champaign breakfast after the ride. It was a very nice experience, friendly staff, nice view! The price was not cheap, so once a life time or maybe twice!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I'm on my working holiday here and staying Queenstown for 8 months so far. Sunrise Balloons is definitely a must-do here! Everything is so perfect starting with warm welcome by the bus driver in the morning. Then we helped out the get the air into the balloon. Safety concerns and instructions are well delivered. We climbed up to 6,600 feet today and it's really calm and safe. The view is always lovely but I love it from the air and we flew an hour so we can see how it changes as the sun rises. I love the whole experience with nice people in the same group as well :) Big thanks to the team! Highly recommend you all to fly with them!