“Excellent room with an outstanding view” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa

Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa
Ranked #19 of 57 Hotels in Queenstown
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Excellent room with an outstanding view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Hilton during our honeymoon in New Zealand. They have a huge lobby and an excellent location. From our room, we could just walk over to the beautiful lake and watch the mountains in the backdrop. Hospitality was up to mark, small fire place, king size bed, were some of the many amenities that Hilton provided. Since, it was our honeymoon, they made it even more special by giving us chocolates and wine!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (580)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Port Stephens
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

I know when you get a great first impression of a place you tend to overlook any minor flaws.On the other hand if you start off bad then you pick up on everything. That is what happened to us.
First we could not find the entrance to reception, no signage ( they are making up new ones) and the entrance looked like the entrance to an underground car park. We were not the only ones lost, spoke to another lady who said she'd been driving round in circles trying to find it.
Next, there is no close car parking.........there is an undecover parking station further down the hill but as I have trouble walking up hills and my husband has a permanent limp we opted for the $10 a day valet service. Not impressed........The check in was not as good as it could have been......but I would have forgiven all if I had been happy with our room. No.
When I booked our room I payed the extra for a deluxe lake view room. I was under the impression from thier website that we would have uninterupted water views. What we got was a room set back from the water with a partial lake view between two other blocks of units.
The room itself was nice but both bedside reading lights were damaged.
When we went down to breakfast the next morning we almost turned around and walked out because the music was so loud and totally unsuitable for a nice quiet breaky. There was a lot of food options, so maybe it was just bad luck that what my husband and I selected tasted bad.
No, I would not recomend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Australianjen
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

The Hilton is near Queenstown airport and a few kilometres from the main town. This was an advantage for me because the views were lovely and access to Queenstown was easy either via the complimentary shuttle bus, local bus, or the water taxi, my preferred way to travel. The rooms are lovely and spacious, have large beds facing the lake and mountain views through the floor to ceiling windows, a small lounge area with chairs and sofa, and a lovely gas fired 'open fire'. The public areas of the hotel also have lots of cosy areas near the fire, including a large fire pit overlooking the lake. The gym is well equipped, there are a number of restaurant options, and the hotel feels very cool and elegant without being stuffy.

Room Tip: Lake facing room with balcony
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank BoffinChemist
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have stayed in couple other Hilton, must say this is the poorest in service. Not enought staff to services the needs of the holiday maker. We waited 4 hours after 3 calls and 1 visit to the staff to finally have my son sofa bed done so that he can sleep.
Before we left for Sydney I received an email to upgrade our room, happy to pay for the upgrade upon arrival was informed it is not available, then why bother sending the email in the 1st place.
Our room was ok, I think the hotel need a freshen up, all the brown decor it's very depressing.
I would not stay here again,no hair dryer,no wine glasses.
This place is so out of the way, hotel shuttle bus every 2 hours & you have to book 1 day ahead. Water taxi $10 each person each way, otherwise taxi is around $45.00 each way. We had to pay for wifi $15.00 per day.
Over rated

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank RufinaDjo
Melbourne, Vic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed in this hotel on two separate occasions about a week apart. On the first occasion all was well - the room was extravagant and beautiful. We liked the site - not in the centre of town and peaceful. The views were to die for, the last snow on the mountains, the beautiful light etc. Breakfast was also absolutely brilliant - we ate far too much.
The second time we stayed we were in a room that was above the roller doors. I was wondering what the noise was that we could hear, even into the night. It was people coming and going into the hotel. It spoilt that night. Make sure you do not get a room above those doors. That room, was equally expensive to the other room, so choose your room carefully.
Despite the date I ticked we stayed in October 2012.

Room Tip: Don't get a room above the roller doors.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank slinky1100
Redding, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed at the Hilton for 2 nights. We usually stay at Marriott hotels and it's been a while since we've stayed at a Hilton. The hotel was very clean, the service was friendly and the food in the restaurant was good. The view from our room (of the lake) was also very nice. Now for the negatives: I hate checking into a nice hotel and then being "nickeled and dimed" for the small stuff that you would expect to be included when paying this kind of money for a room. I can't remember the last time I checked into a hotel and had to pay for WiFi in the room. The Hilton will charge you $15 per day for WiFi access - I remember when hotels used to do this about 10 years ago, but it's ridiculous to charge for it these days. WiFi is simply expected now - don't charge your guests!!! I also am used to having at least 1 bottle of water included free of charge - Hilton will charge you $6.50 for a bottle of water. Again, these are little things, but Hilton needs to get with the program on this stuff - this is why I stick with Marriott!

Room Tip: Get a room with a vew of the lake if possible - the views in Queenstown are stunning!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank kmnmb
Silverthorne, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton Residences a couple weeks back. Upon arrival it wasn't very clear where to park or check in. There are a few different buildings to choose from. We ended up parking in the underground parking which turned out to be just down the hall from our residence. Our booking was under my girlfriends name, so we asked if we could use my Gold Status to get free wi-fi in our room. She talked to her manager for one second and we were simply told "no". I really thought something could have been done to make this happen, but it guess not. I feel like I'm getting ripped off paying $15 for wifi for one day.

Our room was very nice. The kitchen had everything we needed for five nights. Our bathroom even had a washer and dryer. The shower didn't have anywhere to put soap and shampoo so we just had to use the floor, which I found to be odd. The gas fireplace was a nice touch. Plenty of tv station to chose from. We mostly chose to go to the supermarket and make our own meals as room service and on site restaurants were most overpriced, no surprise there. Our room was ground level and our back door opened up right to the lake with great views of the hills and mountains behind Queenstown. The drive to Queenstown is very short, ten minutes tops. There is a water taxi that leaves from the hotel if you are willing to pay $10 per person one-way ($40 round trip). Needless to say we drove to town each time.

I was pleased overall with our stay. One other thing is that we relieved calls from the front desk asking about our plans, reminding us of the restaurants and room service. I don't like being hassled and we received several calls one night.

• Stayed June 2014