“Fantastic”

Ranked #19 of 57 Hotels in Queenstown
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

What a great four nights in Queenstown, only made better by this beautiful hotel. The distance was a great reprieve from the city, and we found the water taxi and bus to be a really easy to use option while here. The best thing about this entire place is the staff. The Duty manager from South Africa was a shining star in our experience she was so nice and professional. I am a former five star hotel manager and I can tell you this place is worth the money and the distance from the city center. Well done Hilton.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew N, General Manager at Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear Triks 74

Great feedback , thank you. I shared your feedback with Anzelle, she was over the moon. She is a real asset to the team.

Come back and see us in the summer, you'll love it

Andrew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (591)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We loved our stay at the Hilton, QT. The room had a generous lake view and the split level made the appear large and spacious. The vast bathroom was a pleasant surprise. The décor and interior design was browns, crèmes, rich velvet reds, and the schist rock internally and externally was an X-factor touch. The staff and service/food was superb. Well done. We'll be back.

Dear Lutz B

Thank you for such a great review. I was pleased to read how much you enjoyed the hotel and service.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon

Havelock North, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Loved this hotel. The room was fantastic, overlooking the lake, lovely big comfy bed, and loved the lounge with the gas fire, very cosy. The breakfast was amazing, lots to choose from, as was the dinner, incredible number of staff, always very helpful and knowledgeable. The fact that it was out of town didn't worry us at all, was quite nice to be away from the busy hustle and bustle, only a short drive into town, with the option of the water taxi. The Spa was amazing, once again lots of friendly staff all very happy to help.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Andrew N, General Manager at Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear LucyM

Great feedback, thank you. You should come a try a summer visit, great place to stay and all day sun, bliss!

CONCORD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Lakeside Residences in one of their two bedroom suites. I had a view of the water, the mountains and the city and it was beautiful. My stay had good, not so good and debatable parts to it.

-Hotel is beautiful, as are the rooms. Large room, full sized refrigerator, stove top, oven, microwave and washing machine/dryer combination (no dishwasher, but not big deal).
-Beds were comfy.
-Heaters in each area but no A/C so keep that in mind if you stay during the summer.
-Bathrooms were very nice but in each bathroom, as soon as you turn the light on, the fan also goes on as there is no separate switch. Not sure who thought of that but it really is a poor design.
-Shower in the master bedroom has a 1/3 glass wall so lots of water splashes out of the shower/tub.
-There is a water taxi to the marina at the center of town but it costs $10 per person (there is also a bus shuttle but I did not check the cost). This water taxi only goes between the hotel and the marina so I suppose that the fee of $10 is acceptable but if you have four people, it gets pretty expensive for a round trip.
-Stacks pub is a nice place to eat on the property but it is expensive (it is a Hilton after all). food is good, portions are fine and the staff is attentive with lots of choices for beer and plenty of TV's.
-I had breakfast included but if it wasn't, I'd have a hard time eating there, even though there was plenty of selection. The real problem was that all of the food that they offered, and they offered a lot of food, lacked any real character to the region. It was the kind of breakfast that you could find in any Hilton in the world and by making it somewhat generic, it kind of took away from being in the region.
-I also had free wifi but again, if it was not included, I believe that the rate was $29/day, which is pretty expensive.
-I did have a small issue with the room choice, which fortunately did not turn out to be much of an issue. I had requested a room away from the lifts/elevators but ended up in one right across from one but could not be moved. The manager on duty did offer a couple of choices but neither of them was helpful and in the end, it was fine as the room was pretty soundproof. I also appreciated the follow up call from the day manager.
-Although the hotel is about a 10 minute drive to the center of the city, it really is a nice place to stay. There are a lot of good features about the hotel but the small things really do need to be worked out before I'd give it more than an 8/10.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Traveleasier
Dear Traveleasier

Thank you for your feedback. I found in very constructive and helpful. I have raised you points with the team to ensure we correct the issues you had. It was nice to read you overall enjoyed your stay and we will be striving to deliver 10/10 next time.

For you next visit please contact me in advance at andrew.nisbet@hilton.com. It will be great to be able to show you a faultless stay.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I love the hilton brand, and queens town didn't disappoint clean tidy excellent customer service the only hotel we stayed in nz where the heaters were not cheap. However i couldnt believe the prices for food Breakfast was $40 flat rate, in the dining room or delivered that means to my two children husband and i to have poched eggs the total cost would be $160 other hotels in queenstown charge around $25 all you can eat breakfast so we dinned there

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank kerrymac2012
Dear Kerrymac2012

Thank you for the feedback. We have just reviewed our pricing for breakfast and will be implementing a $25 buffet price (kids eat free option). I appreciate you honesty as it does help us shape the village to ensure we deliver on all aspects of the guest experience.

Try and come over for the summer holidays, it's amazing

Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Location is a bit out of the way

This Hilton property is one of the newest in Queenstown, unfortunately it's away from the action of downtown. If you stay here, you'll need a car, otherwise taxi fares will break you. There is a city bus for $16NZ return running periodically, or a $20NZ return water taxi about 5 times per day. Given the caliber of the property there should be FREE internet and a free shuttle to the airport. There are a couple of restaurants on site, but they're catering to high rollers. Rooms are nice but very pricey, albeit one of the best views around. Staff is friendly and efficient. Sadly, the location is a bummer. Will be staying in town next time.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear kirrabob

Thank you for the feedback. I am sorry you felt we were too far from town. From October we are trialling a complimentary shuttle service into town that will ease the cost for some.

Shanghai Region, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Overview:

This is my first-ever Hilton experience worldwide (I am a loyal Starwood SPG), and I was totally BLOWN AWAY by the H-I-G-H standards demonstrated by Hilton here.

Decor:

The lobby is a masterly piece of indoor decor and the room is spic-and-span in every tiny detail. Corridors are peaceful and quiet. No noises at all in the room. Bed feels impressively comfortable and linens are top-notch. The electronic furnace in one of the side walls are such an apple to the eye as well as a soothing touch on the soul. Amazing drawings hung on the walls at various places in this hotel. They look so high-end in a quiet manner.

Facilities:

Quality timber door. Neutral carpet. Shinning tiles in the bathroom. The tub looks very humble but works AMAZINGLY. No fuss. Whole bliss. Beautiful ergonomical design! The separate shower is the BEST of its type I tried worldwide. I love the bathroom designer for this hotel! Double sinks for the couple, too. To top if off, space in the bathroom is AMPLE.

Services:

Totally sophisticated according to international standards by any measure. I didn’t see any cleaner throughout the stay but saw every corner kept extremely clean and in a good order. Brilliant!! They don’t fuss things over. They do the job quietly but to a very high standard.

Spa:

As a hugely pampered Spa addict with a lot of massage experiences in leading cities on this whole planet, I feel my money well spent in this Hilton. Candice, my massage specialist, is a blissful and respectable lady to remember. Her finger strokes are long, powerful and to the point.

The shower area in the Spa is neat, clean and spacious. I felt very comfortable. And the tea they made for me after the massage is absolutely tasty with herbal elements to refresh your mind and soul.

The locality:

I worried as many others do before checking in. It turns out that this Hilton is located at a TRULY BEAUTIFULLY corner of the wonderful lake Wakatipu. On the outside, it look DIVINE like a princess, low profile but incredibly noble. The hotel has a surreal little wharf where you can take an UNBELIVEABLE 13-minute boat ride to the town center. The view on the boat ride is STUNNING!!!!!!! I love it so much. You just feel it even much more beautiful than the German-spoken area of Switzerland. If you have been to Switzerland many times as I did, you know what I am talking about. So do not worry about the transport if you don’t like driving, this boat ride is one of my highlights during my stay in Queenstown, to be honest.

Food:

The hotel has more than one restaurant. Each is a total success of design and taste. I love the breakfast restaurant a lot. Standing on the patio outside, your eyes savor a wonderful view of the lake, trees, mountains and REED (which I love but didn’t see well-planted elsewhere yet). The lake water nearby the bank is so CRYSTAL CLEAR. Food is absolutely GOOD.

Queenstown is a 100% beautiful place to stay, shop, eat and exercise. To be frank, I didn’t expect this place or this hotel to turn out so good. But the truth is, I decided to go back to this Hilton after a few months for a second, longer stay and embrace this wholly divine town for another time.

Let me shout it out that I DO LOVE this Hilton!!!!! Not one single fault found in the eyes of a very discerning frequent traveler such as me!

Room Tip: Higher floor for a better view. But all rooms seem to be rather good.