“will stay at Hilton again”

Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa
Ranked #18 of 58 Hotels in Queenstown
Canberra, Australia
“will stay at Hilton again”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We had a wonderful room with a good view, looking straight at the lake from our bed! (albeit over the roof of the building below, but high enough that the view was excellent). Very nicely fitted out, spacious with a great bed and bathroom. Building is very new and smart. The staff were charming and helpful. Our experience was such a good one that we have resolved to stay at Hilton again when we travel. A suggestion would be for better direction signage to the hotel once in the development, there are serviced apartments as well as the hotel, took us a little while to find the hotel entry! Very attractive hotel and site.

Room Tip: ask for a room with lakeview higher in the building
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew N, General Manager at Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear albertst

Thank you for sharing your comments following your stay at Hilton Queenstown.
I was pleased to see you enjoyed yourselves.
I understand your remark regarding the signage. We have recently received resource consent to erect more signage within the village and we have started the process now. I do apologise for the inconvenience this caused.

I look forward to welcoming you back to stay should your travels bring you back to Queenstown.

Andrew Nisbet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (601)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The Hilton phone reservation system and personnel at some remote location (not Queenstown or even NZ) were far from promising, but once we were in the hands of the wonderful Jerry and other local staff, all was well. We stayed 4 nights (2 on each side of a 3 day 'tramp' on the Routeburn) and we enjoyed it thoroughly. Everything was well managed and we were cared for like family. While it would be nice if the hotel were right in town, the water taxi to town was delightful and easy, the walks around the hotel were great, the pool and the spa were wonderful. Breakfast was delicious. We recommend the Hilton Queenstown wholeheartedly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ecsoz
Andrew N, General Manager at Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear ecsoz

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your stay.

I was pleased to see you enjoyed yourselves and I look forward to welcoming you back to stay next time you are visiting Queenstown.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed in a 2 bedroom lakeside apartment for 3 nights (18-21 April) with my elderly mother.
I selected the apartment as I thought she would enjoy a view of the lake. That was a mistake as there wasn't a view.
The apartment was okay. But the range hood in the kitchen didn't work and there was a problem with the plumbing. A really loud noise whenever any water was running.
What was unacceptable however, was the lack of service.
The apartment wasn't serviced the first day of our stay. I had to ring and request towels etc upon our return in the early evening.
Nor was it serviced the next day until I rang reception at 1430 to ask why.
When I checked out this morning and said I wasn't happy with the service the receptionist didn't seem very worried.
I wouldn't be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear lott_linda

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.
I do apologise for the lack of service you encountered. This is not acceptable and I have discussed your feedback with our management team to ensure they are delivering a high standard of service consistently.

I have notified our chief engineer regarding the issues you experienced with your range hood and water noise.

I understand it is important for our guests to receive a memorable experience during their stay and your feedback is much appreciated.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We had 2 nights in Queenstown and we were looking for accommodation in this busy city. There are so many hotels/motels to choose from in Queenstown but we finally decided on Hilton due to it's price. The price we had been paying for earlier motels was about the same price we were paying for Hilton, so we decided to spend our 2 nights in Hilton. After spending a week in and out of motels, it was a fresh break to stay in a hotel instead. We were warmly greeted by 2 bell boys upon arrival and we were checked in by Bea. Upon arrival in our room, we were impressed by how cosy the room felt, and also with the fireplace. A card from the guest relations manager welcoming us certainly put a smile on our faces. Although tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the town centre of Queenstown and Frankton, it was a good location to enjoy the city from a far. A very romantic room for couples and I would definitely come back on my return to Queenstown.

Room Tip: Room with a view of the lake.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew N, General Manager at Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Bryan_Kam

Thank you for sharing your comments following your stay at Hilton Queenstown.

I was pleased to see you enjoyed yourselves. We are lucky with our location away from the centre of Queenstown and situated on the edge of Lake Wakatipu.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to stay again should your travels bring you back to Queenstown.

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton for 2 nights in a lake view room last week. The room had a small vista of lake view between the two other wings of the hotel.
She we arrived we asked for wifi which took 3 phone calls to resolve, then we asked for a bottle opener which took 2 calls and at least 20 mins to arrive.
The restaurant - the manager was abrupt, we walked in with the restaurant not even 10% full and were asked if we had a reservation, as we didn't have one, we were directed to a table in the corner only to see the other tables not filled in the time we were there. The food was expensive $40 min for a steak which arrived cold and had to be reheated, this was not acceptable for a 5 star restaurant and hotel. For dessert we wanted a cheese platter, there were 6 on the menu of which 3 were unavailable (of a choice of 3).

The concierge was a Frenchman who was fabulous and looked after us on the day of departure with our scenic flight we had booked.

The rooms were lovely, bed comfortable.

Also note the hotel is min 10km from Queenstown so it is nice if you want to stay out of town.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew N, General Manager at Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Shahrzad

I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments following your recent stay.
I do apologise for the delay in responding to your requests. I have passed your feedback on to our Operations Manager who will follow up with his team.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding Charles. I will be sure to share this will him.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to stay next time you are visiting Queenstown.

Lake Tekapo, New Zealand
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Very nice Hotel, Staff were friendly, it was clean and the rooms were comfortable as you would expect at any major hotel. I have no complaints and enjoyed my stay but I feel a lack of "wow" factor and location will stop me from returning to the Hilton, Queenstown has so much more to offer on the Accomadation front.

The Wakatipu Grill was very nice and with 20% off our meal I felt it was good value. The meal was great and a good show off of New Zealand meat. We were given a wine list but had to ask if there were other drinks available, the waiter then listed a few so we could make a decision I felt this was average at best.

All in all good stay but this isn't the place for me

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jasonmj

Thank you for sharing your comments following your stay.

I am disappointed you did not experience the 'wow' factor. Our location is quite stunning nestled on the edge of beautiful Lake Wakatipu.
I was pleased to see you enjoyed your meal in the Wakatipu Grill.

Thank you again and I do hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to stay again sometime in the near future.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed here for night whilst holidaying in Queenstown and Lake Tekapo. Well we sure were not disappointed! We had a King Hilton Deluxe room at ground level at waterfront. Fantastic views of Kawerau river. The room was very nicely appointed with quality furnishings. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The jetty in front is great for picking up a watertaxi into Queenstown CBD. We would have no hesitation in going back there again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gary B
Dear Gary

Great to see you enjoyed your stay at Hilton Queenstown.

Lake Wakatipu does offer stunning views.
Thank you for sharing your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to stay again should your travels bring you back to Queenstown.