Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa
$110
$102
  • Restaurant
Coronet View Accommodation(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$150
$145
Orbitz.com
Mercure Resort Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$112
$104
  • Pool
Scenic Suites Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$154
$133
Agoda.com
Swiss-Belsuites Pounamu Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$156
$79
Heritage Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$141
$126
  • Pool
Villa del Lago(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$358
$331
Agoda.com
Nugget Point Queenstown Hotel(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$352
$260
Agoda.com
Bella Vista Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$94
$87
Matakauri Lodge(Queenstown)
$1,274
$1,235
3,029 results
All reviewswater taxiwakatipu grillrelaxation roombedroom residencestacks pubfire pitmain restaurantclose to the airportbeautiful hotelfree shuttlekawarau villagelake viewin townminute drivethe hotel offersrental carbeautiful room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Fantastic hotel, great service. Clean gorgeous room.
Would recommend .
Food good, facilities great. Water taxi great novelty.
Great view of lake wakatipu.
Spa pool on balcony a must.
Not much more to say but review must be 200 characters.

• Stayed: February 2013
Andrew N, General Manager at Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear sarahsmith993

It is always wonderful to read such positive feedback and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us at Hilton Queenstown.

Thank you again for sharing this feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Well after a great stay last June I decided to stay again, this time in summer.

Once again on check in there was great service, and as I had requested a better fall they advised they had been able to for fill this request, which was great. I was in room 150, this is in the front building of this hotel (last time I was I the main hotel building, and the view was slightly obstructed by the building I was in this time). This room was on the top floor & had a great balcony & a really nice layout. So thank you for this room. The room as per last time, very comfy & clean, and the bed is just amazing.

The facilities are second to none, great pool, hot tub, gym, sauna & steam room. Another positive is seeing the empty shop fronts starting to fill.

I also ate at the me & me noodle bar (which wasn't open on my last stay) and can't recommend it enough.

Unfortunately although I have rated it a 5 there where a few negatives, and this is expected in Queenstown with a high turn over of staff. I visited he Lake Counter a few times & unfortunately this really let's the Hilton down, the service is poor, long wait times in the mornings with only one staff member on & at times the staff can be a little rude. The other let down was room servicing times, unfortunately for me 5 days out of 6 my room wasn't serviced until after 4pm everyday, which for any big hotel chain is way to late & inconvenient. I did ask MAGIC and reception to change this to a earlier time (which they did for the next day) but then it was even later. A minor fall for an otherwise great stay.

A special mention & thank you to Patrick for his hospitality, after an initial showing to my room, we bumped into each other a number of times over my stay & he was always friendly and remembered who I was, which was a great little touch.

I will certainly be back, currently deciding when, thank you Andrew & team for your hospitality.

Gav

Room Tip: Book the lake view rooms (or better).
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Andrew N, General Manager at Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear Aus_Trav_88

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your recent stay at Hilton Queenstown.
It was great to see you enjoyed yourselves and were able to experience so many of our facilities within the village. I do apologise for the delays at the Lake Counter. Our Food & Beverage Manager has implemented some changes to the rostering to avoid these delays in the future.

I am also sorry for the inconsistency of your room servicing. I have passed your comments on to our executive housekeeper. She will discuss with her team the process for managing the servicing of rooms more efficiently.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding Patrick. I wil be sure to share these with him.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to stay should your travels bring you back to Queenstown.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights as part of our honeymoon in a king deluxe lakeview room. On arrival we did find it difficult to locate the entrance to the hotel as it is not very obvious and is easily missed. Once we found it check in was easy and we were offered free car parking in an underground car park about 2 minutes walk from the reception. The room was lovely, had beautiful views over the lake, amazing bed and fantastic bathroom. The only complaint here was that they knew we were on our honeymoon and the best they could offer us was a card, not even a lousy bottle of wine to start off our trip. The room was serviced every day, and turn down service was included. One thing that was poor was the cost of internet in the room - $29 per day is ridiculous and should be included in the price. Free internet was available in the business centre however i dd not find this very convenient. We had great pizza at Stacks Pub and a nice massage at the spa. We did have dinner in the hotel grill but thought that this was rather overpriced for the quality. My husband ordered a steak which came out quite a fatty piece of meat, we were then charged $55 for it, when we had ordered the $40 steak. The waiter said no we clearly ordered the more expensive one, so we didn't bother runing the night by arguing. I feel this should not have happened. The hotel is about 10 minutes out of town but we did not find this to be a problem as we had a hire car. Overall we really enjoyed out stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear ksweed04

Congratulations on your recent wedding.

I appreciate you taking the time to post feedback regarding your recent stay at Hilton Queenstown. Although we strive to exceed all guest expectations, it simply looks like we missed the mark on your visit

Your feedback is most certainly appreciated and will assist us in focussing on areas which require attention. I have discussed your issues with our management team who will in turn arrange for their teams to undergo extra training. This will ensure we are delivering the high standard of service consistently.

We take pride in offering a high level of accommodation, facilities and personal service at Hilton Queenstown and I was pleased to see that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back at some stage in the future

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Absolutely amazing hotel with huge rooms including a fireplace a sitting area. I don't know what I expected when I booked, but it was beyond what I imagined. The location is also quite nice as it is across the lake from the main town--so one can enjoy the scenery in peace! Use the water taxi to get to town as it is quite quick and inexpensive.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Eli2001

Great to see you enjoyed yourselves and thank you for sharing your feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back to stay again soon.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed 2 nights at the Hilton on our NZ vacation. When coming into Queenstown we put Hilton into the GPS of our rental car, and nothing came up. We drove through Frankton, on into Queenstown thinking we would surely see a sign for the Hilton. We did not. We finally found someone at the restaurant that we ate dinner at that knew where the Hilton was. It is not actually located in Queenstown, but in Frankton, the town we already drove through. After someone giving us directions we still had a bit of trouble finding the out of the way hotel. While it is great to be out of the city, a little advertising for directions would have been nice.

Once we checked in the hotel was all we hoped it would be. Beautiful rooms, great staff, and delicious food. We were not impressed with Stacks Pub, the service was very poor. Two waitresses on that busy of a night was a nightmare, but several time while waiting we saw a member of staff standing around.

One thing we were very unhappy with was the cleaning services. We left the room for several hours on our first day, and when we returned our bed had not been made, our bathroom not cleaned, and no clean towels brought into the room. When leaving for dinner that night we asked the front desk to have our room cleaned. We came back to our bed made, but everything else still the same. The trash had not been emptied the bathroom not cleaned, and the cleaning staff left a rag and spray bottle of what I assume to be cleaner in our shower stall.

The hotel itself was beautiful and lived up to all the Hilton standards. Stacks Pub was a disappointment.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Niki B
Andrew N, General Manager at Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear Niki

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay at Hilton Queenstown.

I understand your comment regarding the difficulty finding the hotel. On the GPS you need to enter the street address, 79 Peninsula Rd. Frankton is part of the very small town of Queenstown. Unfortunately we are still battling with NZ Transport Authorities to allow signage on the main highway.

I do apologise for the poor service you received from our housekeeping department. This is not acceptable. I have spoken with our executive housekeeper to ensure she organises extra training for her team. This will ensure we are delivering a high standard of service consistently.

Thank you again and I do hope you have the opportunity to visit us again should your travels bring you back to Queenstown.