Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa
The Dairy Private Hotel(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$167
$150
Crowne Plaza Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$122
$117
CrownePlaza.com
  • Room Service
Heartland Hotel Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$81
$162
$153
  • Restaurant
Swiss-Belsuites Pounamu Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$110
$107
Hotels.com
$198
$190
Orbitz.com
Novotel Queenstown Lakeside(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$118
$112
Novotel
  • Restaurant
Villa del Lago(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$229
Agoda.com
Central Ridge Boutique Hotel(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$120
$90
Orbitz.com
Azur(Queenstown)
$1,080
$830
3,035 results
All reviewswater taxiwakatipu grillrelaxation roombedroom residencestacks pubfire pitmain restaurantclose to the airportbeautiful hotelfree shuttlekawarau villagelake viewin townminute drivethe hotel offersrental carbeautiful room
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The location and hotel itself was beautiful. Staff were generally warm and friendly, and helpful. Down side is structure of hotel to get out of your room to the main building. We were lost a few times and communication with staff about a few of their standard policies. Still, overall we enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Andrew N, General Manager at Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear Rana

Thank you for placing your review on Trip Advisor.
I do apologise you had difficulty finding your way around. It is a struggle in any new building for the first day or so.
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our friendly and helpful team members.

I look forward to welcoming you back to stay again should your travels bring you back to Queenstown.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

While driving to Queenstown from Christchurch we had not expected to find what we finally saw, Hilton Queenstown is the best place to stay in the city.

It is on the banks of Lake Wakatipu and offers the best view of the lake. We stayed there for a week, 2 days in the property next to it Kawarau Apartments and 3 days in the Hotel in Relaxation Suites with the private small garden on the banks of the lake.

The staff is very helpful and always willing to help. We tried Wakatipu Grill, Me and Mee restaurant and Stacks Pub. Each meal was mare than what we had expected and the Greek Pizzas were awesome.

I have no hesitation in recommending these restaurants to even people who are not staying there. If you want to have a "beautiful" dinner try one of them. The Chef in Me and Mee can speak Hindi and it was great knowing him and trying his creations.

For a truly relaxing holiday, stay @ Hilton.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Andrew N, General Manager at Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear tejiraj

I appreciate your positive review. It was great to see you were able to experience so many of our facilities within the village.

Thank you for sharing your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to stay again soon.

Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

We decided to stay at the Hilton pre & post a 3 day Routeburn tramp. We stayed in a $135 room for the first night which was a bargain, the room was lush with a lame view and patio. The pool and bar area was also very good. The ot let down was the very dirty corridor outside our room that needed a Hoover and the wasps, we were informed there was a big nest and assumed it would be removed as they were everywhere.
On our return we stayed in a $240 pn room on the 6th floor with a lake view, again very nice but light bulbs were missing and the remote control did not work. We were unable to sit out on our balcony as the wasps were still around, in fact they were all over the hotel still which was disappointing.
We went to the grill for dinner and the food was a key down, veggie options were dull and tasteless. We ordered room service for dinner and the plates were not cleared until 5pm the next day.
Breakfast - veggie order came with a meat sausage
Husbands GF Toast - cold, burnt on one side and uncooked on the other
Extra plate of cold eggs arrived for someone else
Made complaint, a thousand apologies.
New breakfast came for me, tomatoes undercooked, mushrooms over cooked
Husbands GF toast came done well, no new eggs though???
We asked the hotel to order us a taxi and they order us a corporate cab for some reason which was double price, driver tried to short change us and then tried to palm us off with Australian money?

This hotel needs to review who it employs to cook, clearly the current chefs are not good enough. One staff member who does stand out is Graeme from the bar, he was friendly, entertaining and very professional. Maybe he needs to give lessons to the rest of the Hilton staff.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear whiskers13

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your recent stay at the Hilton Queenstown.
I do apologise for the service issues you encountered during your stay. I have shared your feedback with our management team to ensure we are delivering the highest standard of service, consistently. I also discussed with them the importance of taking ownership for their departments and teams.
Again, apologies for the shortfall in service standards and I do hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Queenstown in the very near future.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Hilton Queenstown is in one of the most beautiful locales in NZ's resort capital. A short drive away from the airport and some 8km from the main town, its clever and elegant design and architecture spells class. Views of Lake Wakatipu are superb from most rooms and so are those of the majestic Remarkables. The ambience is superb and the fitments are all luxurious. The service though was a bit patchy. Our room wasn't ready even some 30 minutes after check in time (we were mollified with a couple of beverage vouchers). The "magic button" on the phone was a hit or miss experience – mostly miss, with no one responding to repeated room service/ housekeeping calls several times (the magic button is apparently one hot button for all services). The hotel seems understaffed because the reason for delayed service delivery is always "the staff is too busy" while clearly many rooms were unoccupied and I was told by staff the occupancy was low at the time. Also some counter staff seemed either overworked or less than competent (one confused me with another guest in the paperwork – which was the real reason for the late check in while other forgot to relay my message to the concierge to get my valet parked car to the forecourt. And yes, the patter footsteps in the room above ours did create a bit of a disturbance in the early hours of the morning. Other than those minor irritations, which of course don't become a luxury hotel, the experience was great. Would certainly stay there again and recommend it. One staffer James at the concierge desk was exceptional. Super efficient, courteous and genuinely apologetic on behalf of his colleagues. Pity he was leaving the hotel the next day to pursue further studies.

Room Tip: Ask for lake facing rooms and choose room numbers 416 onwards because there are no rooms above these (so you won't be disturbed by pattering feet in the rooms above as we were).
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew N, General Manager at Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Laozoo

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience following your recent stay at Hilton Queenstown.

I do apologise for the inconsistency in the service you received. I have shared your feedback with our management team to ensure we are delivering the highest standard of service consistently. We are continuing to train our new team members to ensure we deliver consistency as our prime goal.

I am pleased to hear you will stay with us again and I look forward to welcoming you back to stay again soon.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

After travelling around the South Island and staying in B&B's and partaking in activities every day, my gf and I decided to stay somewhere more relaxing. It wasnt until we took a jet boar ride on the lake we saw the Hilton that we decided to pay them a visit.
From the moment we walked into the main lobby we felt like royalty. Bee on the front counter is lovely and polite - arranged for one of the staff to show us around the complex and all the different rooms on offer.
We ended up staying there for a couple of nights in a beautiful room overlooking the lake with a huge balcony, fireplace, bathtub with lake views.
Swimming pool and spa was nice. Sauna/steam room was good
Wakatipu Grill has some great meals - worth a visit.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Shazhi

Thank you for sharing your comments following your recent stay at Hilton Queenstown.

I was pleased to see you enjoyed yourselves and I look forward to welcoming you back to stay next time you are visiting Queenstown.