Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa
Oaks Club Resort(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$175
$137
  • Fitness center
$164
$152
  • Restaurant
Mercure Resort Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$110
$105
  • Pool
Scenic Suites Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$156
$134
Agoda.com
Crowne Plaza Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$172
$144
  • Room Service
Swiss-Belsuites Pounamu Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$151
$79
Heritage Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$140
$126
  • Pool
Villa del Lago(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$360
$333
$113
$107
  • Room Service
Whistler Holiday Apartments(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$137
$133
Orbitz.com
3,029 results
All reviewswater taxiwakatipu grillrelaxation roombedroom residencestacks pubfire pitmain restaurantclose to the airportbeautiful hotelfree shuttlekawarau villagelake viewin townminute drivethe hotel offersrental carbeautiful room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 6, 2013

we stayed in the appartments for 3 nights. Family with 3 young kids.
obviously, the hilton is living up to its name. The standard is great, good quality facilities, like the lap pool. Directly located at the lake. It was built not long ago, so everything is spotless new.

Though you have nice views on the lake, we found the location is not optimal, it's on a peninsula 6km away from Queenstown. Quite secluded. If you want to dine outside Hilton facilities, you can only use car.

It's just that we think for the price we paid there are much better deals to do in Queenstown. We were late with booking (stayed around Newyear), so all (imo) nicer places in Queenstown were booked, and Hilton was only option.

The above would have given the Hilton a 3star rating (average) for me (viewed in a 'value for money'perspective), but i'm rounding it down to 2star (poor), because of this:

What really disturbs me with Hilton is that apart from a serious price tag, they still want to squeeze money out of their guests in other ways:
1) internet facility/wifi: $ 14.50 per hour, or $29 per day? Can mgt explain to me that when i book in a cheap motel for $80 per night I get free wifi, and in Hilton i pay $29 per day? We live in 2013 now, and I think internet/wifi should be a standard commodity in any hotel (particularly the topend hotels!), just like hot water out of the tap, or a watercooker.
2) when i checked out and paid with credit card, i got charged 1.5% (this fee applies on all payments with credit card in Hilton apparently; unfortunately there is no other option than credit card in this situation.) . Again, why is a cheap motel not applying this charge?

We had a pleasant stay, but the rating is all based on 'value for money', and like i said, there are better options.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank w1mp13
Andrew N, General Manager at Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear w1mp13

I appreciate you taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent stay on TripAdvisor. It is always great to receive honest feedback as this assists us in improving our overall service and accommodation offering.

I was pleased to see you enjoyed our facilities within the village.
We do have a water taxi and local bus service operating throughout the day and evening for guests to travel into the centre of Queenstown. These both offer a very reasonable rate.

I appreciate your feedback regarding internet and am pleased to advise that we offer complimentary wireless internet in the hotel lobby, however you will find that hotels throughout New Zealand charge for in room internet as this is generally controlled by an external supplier.

The 1.5% credit card surcharge is a directive given to us by the brand to cover the increasing fees that these financial institutions on-charge.
We appreciate that this concept in relatively new in New Zealand hotels, however internationally and in particularly in Australia this fee is widespread. On small balances the amounts may appear small and insignificant; however we are simply streamlining our operation in line with other industries – such as the airlines.
This fee only applies to credit cards and you are very welcome to use cash or a debit card to avoid the fee.

Thank you once again and I do hope you have the opportunity to visit us again sometime in the near future.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is a lovely hotel. Tastefully furnished and has great views over the lake. We stay over new years and both the service and the food at the Grill were wonderful, However there was a very loud mechanical noise bellowing from underneath our room, I would recommend the hotel but not the 7th floor rooms.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Andrew N, General Manager at Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Dear loveleenie

Thank you for sharing your comments following your recent stay at Hilton Queenstown.

I was pleased to see you enjoyed yourselves.
I do apologise for the noise disturbance. After receiving your feedback our chief engineer has located the problem. It is the loading dock roller door which will be the cause. He is looking at installing rubber mountings to minimise the noise in future.

I understand it is important for guests to receive a memorable experience during their stay and your feedback is most appreciated.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to stay again soon.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We had an issue when we first arrived as they did not have our reservation so after we showed the confirmation we were showed to a room which was fine for the night. The next day we went to Milford Sound and came back and heard an odd thumping noise coming from the bathroom. After a couple of phone calls I got in touch with Annika the manager who promptly showed us to an apartment instead of the room. Just as I was getting slightly irritated by the noise she more than made up for it by showing us the apartment. This two bed two bath accommodation was nothing short of stunning with four glass doors worth of lake front view, a fireplace, washer/dryer, heated towel racks I mean the works. It might be to this day one of the nicest accommodation I have ever stayed at. It was nothing short of perfect. If that wasn't amazing enough, it had a fully loaded kitchen where we made our own breakfast with the 80 cent eggs from the cafe. Just overall amazing and despite a few mishaps initially this place was immaculate. Honestly, the staff made the difference Annika and Nate (he will book all of your tours for you) and Charles was also super nice when he had to move our luggage late at night. All in all this was perhaps our (my 23 year old best friend and I) favorite place in New Zealand and we also stayed at Milbrook Resort, Sky City Grand, and St Clair Hotel.

Another note it is not in town. We had to catch the bus 7$ one way to town and back. We wanted to take the water taxi but it doesn't run until 12:30 which was too late for a tour we had planned. Worth staying out of town for the view alone. Only night it would have been nice to be in town was New Years Eve. The rest of the time we were happy to come back to a quiet nice secluded hotel away from the hustle and bustle of Queenstown.

Room Tip: if you can get an apartment!!! They are more than worth it!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Livelif

It is always wonderful to read such positive feedback and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us at Hilton Queenstown.

We are indeed privileged to have such fantastic views. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our team members. I am so pleased they were able to make your stay so enjoyable.
I am glad you found our residences so accommodating, they have been very popular this holiday season.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to stay next time you are in Queenstown.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Visited for the Xmas week from 25/12 - 31/12/2012. Very pleasant hotel, enjoyed getting my room upgrade at check-in. Fabulous views from the room across the lake each day, small balcony, but just about OK to sit on with a glass of wine. Excellent breakfast each morning, attentive staff and great food. Disappointment with Stacks Pub, as food took too long for the 3 nights we dined there. It took 1.5 - 2 hours to dine at this pub, each time - too much of a wait. General Manager of the Hilton is an energetic young man, who was around to help his food staff. One wonders why they do not put on extra staff for these few busy days to provide that extra level of service, one expects from the Hilton group.

Room Tip: Get the rooms with views across the lake - avoid the back rooms looking onto the back roadway.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Kayjay

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Queenstown. I appreciate you taking the time to place feedback. We take pride in offering a high level of accommodation, facilities and personal service and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I do apologise for the delay in service in Stacks Pub. It is a very popular outlet with both guests and locals and certain times the volumes are a challenge for the size of the kitchen.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to stay next time you are visiting Queenstown.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton for 4 nights from the 29th December until the 2nd January. I can only say i thought the rooms were well appointed and very quiet considering the hotel was fully booked.

We ate at Stacks the first night and i had the streaky bacon pizza. It was great and the other 7 in our party had a wide range of meals and all were satisfied with the service and quality of food.

We were in Nz for a wedding which was sensational given the average weather while we were there. It was great to have the ability to catch the water taxi to Queenstown, walk around to Kelvin Heights or just relax in room or at the sauna,steam room and pool. Plenty to do and we loved the in room gas fireplace on the cooler evenings.

We were fortunate enough to have New Years Eve dinner at the grill. The food was amazing and i couldnt fault the service from our waiter Richard. He did very well in catering to our table of 18.

I thought breakfast was a little expensive at $35 per head for a full buffet breakfast but there was also a decent selection of breakfast on the room service menu for a far better price in my opinion.

Overall, and given the full booking of the hotel over the period, we really enjoyed the Hilton for service, quality of room and price. It reflected what we expect from a 5 star hotel. I would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear bradio

I appreciate you taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Hilton Queenstown.

I look forward to welcoming you back to stay next time you are in Queenstown.