Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa
The Dairy Private Hotel(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$316
$150
Crowne Plaza Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$130
$117
CrownePlaza.com
  • Room Service
Heartland Hotel Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$83
$81
$162
$153
  • Restaurant
Swiss-Belsuites Pounamu Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$110
Orbitz.com
Azur(Queenstown)
$1,080
$830
Villa del Lago(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$229
Central Ridge Boutique Hotel(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$120
$90
Novotel Queenstown Lakeside(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
$118
$112
Orbitz.com
3,035 results
All reviewswater taxiwakatipu grillrelaxation roombedroom residencestacks pubfire pitmain restaurantclose to the airportbeautiful hotelfree shuttlekawarau villagelake viewin townminute drivethe hotel offersrental carbeautiful room
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This must be the best service I have experienced in New Zealand - ever, ever, ever! (it was almost flawless except two members of our party had trouble with room keys and felt that the receptionist didn't really care).

The dinner in the main restaurant is nice but it is the finishing touches makes the experience amazing ie the sides and the deserts! One night we had drinks by the outside fireplace. We also sat on the veranda for breakfast even though it was the middle of winter.

Bed rooms are large and comfortable and luxurious. Decor around the hotel is interesting, but beware, it is easy to get lost.

The hotel is very close to the Remarkables Ski area. We also took public transport into town (40 mins & $8 each) a water taxi home (15min and $10 each). We also walked back to the hotel from the shopping mall which took 20 minutes or so.

We will stay again.

Room Tip: If you can justify price of the lake view rooms, it is worth it
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Andrew N, General Manager at Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Dear guynz

Thank you for sharing your comments following your recent stay at Hilton Queenstown.
I was very pleased to see you enjoyed yourselves and I do apologise for the trouble you experienced with your room keys. I have discussed with our Front Office Manager to make sure her team members take extra care to ensure our guests receive the high standard of service they deserve.

I am glad you will stay again and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Just got back from a 3 night stay at the hilton, overall not too much to complain but as in everything in life there's always pros and cons right.
First the good:
Very new hotel
Clean
Great breakfast
Partial view (depending on room)
The not so great:
Location, we had a rental car and it's a 10-15 min drive to cbd
Staff knocking in door twice when 'do not disturb' hung on door
Parking is bit far from hotel
Overall it was a pleasant stay and worth it, but be warned of the location as I wouldn't recommend if you do not have a car, and get the breakfast, it's worth it.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Nippom
Andrew N, General Manager at Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Dear Nippom

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your recent stay at the Hilton Queenstown.

I do apologise for the disturbance in your room. I have spoken with the managers of these departments to reiterate to their team members the importance of signage and guest requests. I assure you extra training will be given to ensure this does not happen again.

You are correct we are not in the centre of town, however, we have both a water taxi and bus service operating regularly to and from the village.

I am pleased that you did enjoy yourselves and I look forward to welcoming you back to stay in the near future.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

We enjoyed 4 days in Queenstown in early July, the height of the winter season and one of the weeks in the middle of the annual Winter Festival.

We've stayed at various similar types of accommodation around Australasia, and you expect given the name and the reputation a very high standard in service in every respect.

The best thing about Hilton Queenstown is its superior design, its location, and attention to detail. Its in every respect a world class facility with everything you would expect at a high-end alpine retreat.

The service however is below average. The staff are all very friendly and polite, but they don't seem to know what they are doing. Most of them seem to be on a Gap Year and were hired for their general sense of niceness rather than their professional capabiity.

The poor woman at reception who showed us to our room was all very pleasant, but asked stupid questions in the awkward meander down the room (which by the way is very confusing given the layout of the place -- I must have got lost half a dozen times trying to work out where the room was, given you sort of have to go in one lift, down a hall, up another lift, and then down again. Its like a maze).

The restaurant is rubbish. Its all style and no substance. Very average food and the staff have a sort of "we're actually too funky for all this" attitude, which brassed me off.

The promised wine bar was closed the entire time, and so we were forced to sit with a bunch of nauseating patrons in front of a big screen showing Basketball instead of our usual dignified quiet drink at the end of the day.

The Asian noodle place was nowhere to be found -- I think its in the other place attached to the Hilton which is called something else, but "Managed by Hilton".

The pool was great, as was the spa. Really enjoyed the treatment and the staff there were a delight, even though the poor woman who was doing my massage tripped over the bowl of water she was using in the foot bath routine and the bizarre "smoking ceremony" that was apparently a special hallmark of this particular treatment, but just left me wondering if it would set off a fire alarm.

Great views from our room over the Lake, and it was fun to watch other guests using the "Water Taxi" to get over to Queenstown. We never used it -- it seemed like a bit of a rip off to me. We had a rental, and so endured the one lane bridge to get over the river and in and out of the Hilton.

Room service was a joke. Over an hour to order a plate of chips and a burger. Always happens when you're starving hungry, and they were all very pleasant about it with a promise of a free soft drink (gosh how generous), but I felt like just wandering down there and making it myself to help the poor kitchen out.

Even trying to organise a couple of wine glasses proved mission impossible. Note we would have actually had some wine in the wine bar if it was open.

What seemed to be a self-important Hotel Manager seemed to mill around at various points doing very little apart from just wandering round looking Hotel Manager-ish. Was tempted to ask him to pop down to the kitchen to the give the in-room dining team a hand.

Overall, it was a nice stay and we did enjoy the facilities and the environment. The room quality was excellent and luxurious. I just think they need to invest more heavily in their people and remember that a hotel experience is just as much about the vibe as it the quality of the bed linen.

Room Tip: Get an upper floor room. The ones on the ground floor have an outdoor spa but its not private. We saw various people in various states of undress from our upper floor balcony who were using their spa. I don't think they realised.
1  Thank sc0tt123

Dear sc0tt123

I appreciate you taking the time to post feedback regarding your recent stay at Hilton Queenstown. Although we strive to exceed all guest expectations, it simply looks like we missed the mark on your visit.
Your observations and opinions are very much appreciated as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor if we are meeting guests needs and expectations.
I have shared your feedback with our management team to ensure we are delivering the highest standard of service, consistently. I also discussed with them the importance of taking ownership for their departments and teams.
Your feedback, albeit not good, is much appreciated and can only help to improve our team.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back at some stage in the future.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

i took my partner to the hilton for a birthday surprise for the weekend and it was the best experience ever! the hotel is very new with great facilities and we were upgraded to a lakeview room on the 6th floor so had a great view. i would recommend this so you get to enjoy the bonus of the balcony. the tv picture quality wasnt the best but i guess that is because of their location. the hilton is definitely worth a visit and we are recommending it to everyone!!

1  Thank Rachel K
Andrew N, General Manager at Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear rach_rob_cooper

Thank you for recommending us to everyone and thank you for sharing your comments following your recent stay at Hilton Queenstown.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your birthday surprise and were able to experience the wonderful views.
I look forward to welcoming you back for many more bithdays to come.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed here three nights to celebrate my 60th Birthday. We stayed in a studio.
Right from the start, attentive, helpful and lovely reception and house staff. Nothing a bother.
We ate at three venues there. The Stacks Pub is fun and the pizzas outstanding.
Next night the Me amd Mee Noodle Bar with the best Asian cuisine. Birthday night was the Wakatipu Grill. Each venue quite different yet staff enthusiasm and service were consistently brilliant. The staff were so knowlegable about their wines or food with no pretentiousness at all. The Cru Wine Bar after dinner was sumptuous with a great selection of drinks. Ambiance plus.
This place has got it right. Our full recommendation.

Management response:Responded July 15, 2012

Dear Paul B

I am so pleased you enjoyed your birthday stay with us.
Thank you for sharing your review and it was good you were able to experience so many of our different outlets.

I look forward to welcoming you back to stay for many more birthdays to come!