“Who said throwing yourself out of a plane is not a good idea?”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Skydive Paradise

and up
Glenorchy Tandem Skydiving
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our skydive dropzone is located only 40 minutes from New Zealand’s most famous resort town of Queenstown at the edge of a small alpine village known as Glenorchy “Gateway to Paradise”. This is Middle Earth, the setting of The Hobbit and Lord of The Rings movies. Skydiving with Skydive Paradise offers you not only the most breathtaking scenery in the world, we also promise you the most personalised tandem skydiving experience in New Zealand. We offer skydive options from 12,000ft and 15,000 ft and the opportunity to purchase photo and HD footage of your skydive experience. We know from experience you will leave our dropzone with a grin from ear to ear!
Perth, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Who said throwing yourself out of a plane is not a good idea?”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

All the previous reviews tell it exactly how it is..... INCREDIBLE.

Fell a total of 15,000ft with Brian. Can see why the company name contains paradise as that is exactly what it is. The experience is like nothing else!! Both my girlfriend and myself jumped and we both loved it!

We were picked up from the centre of Queenstown by Fi in the company van, the drive is about 45 minutes to the airfield - however this is a scenic drive along the coast with a stop off to take photos. Fi was really friendly and the added Michael Jackson was good.

All the instructors were very friendly and help to make you feel more comfortable.

The fall itself is like nothing I've ever felt, its a pure adrenaline rush!

Definitely recommend purchasing the video and photos as it allows you to look back on yourself and see the stupid faces that you pull (refer to photo).

It took me a long time to decide where I wanted to jump in NZ, but I am so glad that I did it here as the view is that incredible; snow capped mountains, rivers, lakes, the ocean and rainforest

So go jump and see paradise for yourself ;)

Visited December 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Cologne, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beautiful place for a skydive”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I still love to watch my video from my skydive - makes me laugh. It was one of the best experience in my life and also such a beautiful scenery. The staff are very friendly and funny!

Visited March 2012
Luton
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Stunning location”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Booked a jump with my girlfriend - it was my second skydive and her first - very friendly and informative staff helped settle any nerves she might have had.
Beautiful location for the jump - you get to soak in all the wonderful scenery as you climb to the jump-off altitude (15k ft for us) for about 20-25 mins.
The freefall was a real rush and enjoyable - then you get the relaxing parachute back to ground level with close views of the lake/river and mountain range.
Would definitely recommend for a beginner or someone who has jumped before - also, you must get the video/photos package which are good value!

Visited January 2013
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Memorable Experience - Put Us At Ease”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

What a great decision to book our skydiving trip through Skydiving Paradise! While skydiving is something we had never done and is certainly uncharacteristic for my husband and me, we took the plunge (literally) and couldn’t be happier! We booked our trip online while in New Zealand which was very easy to do. Our initial jump was cancelled (12:30 time slot) due to weather and we were so disappointed that we rescheduled our flight out of Queenstown so we could give it one more shot. Bobbi, was incredibly helpful in rebooking us, going out of her way to get us into the 8am slot two days later. She happily fielded multiple phone calls and questions and did her best to ensure we got to jump. While I was petrified to actually do it, the staff was fun, and light-hearted, while remaining professional. They made us feel comfortable and did their best to ease our anxiety. I jumped with Karl who was hilarious and good spirited. My husband jumped with Brian who put him at ease with a good sense of humor. The actual jump was incredible and we highly recommend doing it, even for those that are terrified. We both got the video and picture package, which we found to be well worth the money. Both Karl and Brian did an excellent job capturing the experience from start to finish. Overall, it was an amazing experience that we are so happy we got to do. We highly recommend Skydive Paradise!

Visited December 2012
Sydney
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best view!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

It was a spur of moment decision on Christmas Eve. I had just finished a 17km bike ride in Paradise and it happened that Skydive Paradise had spots available for the last dive they had during the day. So I did it - I chose 15,000 feet because I had done it once in australia at 14,000 feet. It was amazing - the snow capped mountains, the beautiful blue-green lake Wakitapu, the valleys, the town.... Absolutely gorgeous and breath-taking. Brian was lovely and calming. I loved the free falling. They give you a jumpsuit to wear so you are not going to feel cold up there (that was the warmest day of the year in the area anyway). I do wish the jumpsuit and the hat could be a bit more attractive though lol. But anyway, it was an absolute highlight of my first NZ trip. Love it and proud of it!!!