“sensational!”

Fat Tyre Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Heli bike NZ are mountain bike guiding specialists. Offering unbeatable heli-biking, epic natural trails, high in the back country of Queenstown New Zealand. With 6 mountain ranges and 400km+ of trails there is a trail and trip to suit all riders and budgets .
Reviewed May 7, 2012

what started as a very scary 30th present turned out to be the most awesome adventure. brilliant helicopter ride and stunning scenery the whole way down. My partner and i were pretty unfit so there were a few hills that we walked up, but other then that a sensational ride!
absolutely amazing day and i would recommend it to everyone.

There are newer reviews for Fat Tyre Adventures

Reviewed March 9, 2012

One of our favourite activities. Great heli ride, fab weather so views amazing, guide Greg was relaxed but informative. Ride was exhausting for us who are relatively inexperienced in track biking, but we loved it!

Reviewed March 3, 2012

Absolutely awesome day. Started off with a 10-15 helicopter flight (first ever for me) up to Crown Peak where Greg our guide got us underway. We decended down by a mixture of rocky 4x4 tracks, muddy single tracks and ended it with a gentle ride back to Arrowtown. What more variety could you ask for? The day was made by Greg who kept it at our pace and did what we wanted. Every so often we'd stop, regroup and have a laugh.
Cheers for a wicked day!

Reviewed February 26, 2012

To cap off a weeks riding in and around Queenstown we did a helicopter in ride of The Roaring Meg Pack Track.
Very technical single track to 4 wheel drive track / open gravel road blast is how I'd describe it...
Awesome ride and scenery, along with great guiding to keep us safe and alive.
Some of the rides drop offs have a real "penalty for failure" and our guides info on how to get the best from this track came in real handy, you could say Greg left us with just enough sphincter puckering excitement to make it truly memorable.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

I had booked the heli-biking trip with Fat Tyre. At about 8:00 pm on the evening before when I rang them up, they told me the trip the next day was cancelled because the helicopter wasn't available. They didn't offer any alternative, just pretty much said "we aren't going tomorrow". I didn't find that very helpful. So I went down the street and rented a bike the next day from folks at Vertigo. They were very helpful.

6  Thank Dennis S
Greg M, Owner at Fat Tyre Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thanks you for your honest view- it is a shame that you were not able to make it on one of our trips. If you had I think that your view of Fat tyre would have been like the others that have been able to be flexible and understand the weather conditions and that we can only operate with minimum numbers on any given trip.
Cheers Greg @ Fat Tyre