“Cycle De Vine tour”
Review of Heli bike

Heli bike
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Heli bike NZ are mountain bike guiding specialists. Offering unbeatable heli-biking, epic natural trails, high in the back country of Queenstown New Zealand. With 6 mountain ranges and 400km+ of trails there is a trail and trip to suit all riders and budgets .
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I know most of these reviews are from people who did the heli biking but we opted to do the Cycle De Vine tour as a fun option to sample some of the wineries outside of Queenstown. Everything was just as we expected and as laid out on the website (except that we did three, not two wine tastings - bonus!) The riding was pretty cruisey and relaxed - you definitely need to know HOW to ride a bike (obviously) but don't need to be an expert or athlete. The tour was really relaxed, the wineries were great and it was a great way to spend an afternoon.
Lunch was small but extremely tasty and you fill up on wine - a piece of fruit or something else besides just the sandwich would have been nice. Just make sure you eat breakfast or you might be really hungry :)
Bikes were great for what we were doing - comfortable, maintained.
This is a great thing for couples, bachelorette parties, etc. I can't imagine kids would really enjoy this as they might find the wineries rather boring but there is a kids price for patient kids who like to ride bikes.
Have fun! Hope this helped you - feel free to ask any questions.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

My husband and I are trail riders back here in the States but decided to go for it in Queenstown by going on a heli-bike trip. We have never been on a helicopter either and we had a blast. First I must say that Mark our guide was outstanding. We are not the fastest bikers and Mark stayed with us talking us through the descent. Mark was very patient and attentive and also was kind enough to give us a lot of knowledge of the local area. This is worth every penny, and guess what there was a pub at the end of the trail in Arrowtown! You are picked up in the morning from your hotel and dropped off at the end. We came to NZ to get to know the locals and we are glad we met Mark. So many places in Queenstown have foreigners running things, it was nice to have a true Kiwi show us the way. Mark even changed the brakes around for us...didn't want to fly over the handlebars again hitting the wrong brake, they are opposite from our Rt/Lt here in the U.S. What an awesome experience, we recomend this to all that love to mountain bike. Mark the Steelers socks are in the mail:) Cheers Mate for your time and patience! We will be calling Fat Tyre on our return to your beautiful country for another trip for sure!!!

Reviewed November 3, 2011

3 days with QRC term 2 Adventure tourism students
great quality gear (bikes)
great tracks for every level of rider
pisa range absolutely amazing
thank you very much Greg for the awesome trip
would recommend for everyone visiting the area.

Reviewed October 21, 2011

I want to give a huge shout out to Greg and Mark for the mountain biking tour. I went for two days, the second one being a heli biking tour. It was the most amazing two days of my trip to New Zealand. They are incredible guides, making sure you get enough scenery, single-track and guidance. They really cater to your wants and needs and skill level. The gear was supplied and the bike was well above average! I would HIGHLY recommend them and plan to call them when I return as well!

1  Thank redsodalite
Reviewed October 19, 2011

My mate and I are avid mtb riders from SA and heard about Fat Tyre's Heli biking. I can highly recommend it as a brilliant adventure for bikers. Greg and Mark were highly professional guides, the terrain and views were spectacular and what really impressed me is the rental bikes ran sweet as a dream - a challenge for anyone renting out bikes. (I do so I know!)

When you compare the cost vs the other activities which are over in a flash in Queenstown, I reckon it is great value too.