“It Doesn't Get Any Better” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bearsden Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Queenstown
Bearsden Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #17 of 47 Queenstown B&B and Inns
East Lansing, MI
“It Doesn't Get Any Better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I'm sorry to sound like every other review of the Bearsden B&B, but I have to agree with their comments. My wife and I have never had a better time at a B&B. You simply won't find a nicer couple than Margie and Ned running a B&B (not to mention their sweetheart of a lab, Bruno). Margie's breakfasts (you choose the night before from among three choices - the french toast was our favorite) are fabulous and filling. We got lucky and were the only guests at the B&B for our three nights, so we got extra attention from Margie and Ned. We even took a walk with Bruno.

You should know that the Bearsden is about 15 minutes outside the center of Queenstown, but that only puts you closer to the nice shops and restaurants of Arrowtown, an old gold-mining settlement, where we ate twice. Looking out of your room (or when soaking in their hot tub) you see Coronet Peak in the distance and horses grazing in the nearby fields. What a view and a lot quieter than the hubbub of Queenstown. Margie's restaurant recommendations were on the mark. Do not hesitate to choose the Bearsden. You will, like us, be sad to leave.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BearsdenBNB, Owner at Bearsden Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Hello there
Sorry for my late response, but Ned and I have been enjoying a break ourselves.
It was lovely to meet you both and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We enjoyed talking with you both about dogs and your home and history. Thank you very much for your review. All the best for 2013. Best regards Margie

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We started a 5-week visit to New Zealand with 4 nights at Bearsden B&B (Feb 2013). Originally we were supposed to be there a year ago, but a broken foot delayed our trip. Friends who we were due to travel with in NZ had reported that Bearsden was their fave of a similarly extended visit, and we are happy to repeat that endorsement. Margie and Ned do it right, from the warm greetings to the delish breakfasts, to smart advice on where to hike/walk, great restaurants in Arrowtown (quieter than QT), and an atmosphere of energizing tranquility. I even got to practice my guitar, and Margie had kindly recommended a local hairdresser so I didn't get too shaggy on our extended vacation abroad. The setting is lovely (just a few minutes outside Queenstown, but close enough to everything), the hot tub was a treat under the starry skies, the bed comfy, and more. We are happy to recommend Bearsden... we stayed at another 5 B&Bs in NZ, both South and North Island, and Bearsden was really a star in the bunch. Enjoy your visit!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
BearsdenBNB, Owner at Bearsden Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Hello to NY
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It's appreciated. I enjoyed finally meeting you after a year of correspondence and our interesting discussions. I've yet to down load SkyWalk, but will do that for our holiday. NY is another of the places we wish to visit-I'll let you know if we make it there-hopefully in the next few years. All the best. Thanks again. Margie
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

After a busy and tiring excursion through southeastern Australia my wife and I arrived in Queenstown, New Zealand for a four-day stay with Margie and Ned at their Bearsden Bed and Breakfast. We could not have made a better choice of accommodation. From the moment of our arrival until our (sad) departure we were treated wonderfully. Our room, the Premier Room, was comfortable and spotless and the complimentary wine and cheese platter were highly satisfactory. The breakfasts Margie and Ned prepared were both delicious and nutritious and were accompanied by pleasant views of Coronet Peak and The Remarkables. Margie and Ned (at our prompting) shared tales of their former lives and discussion of local affairs along with valuable sightseeing advice. Margie arranged the booking of several excursions and pointed us in the right direction for evening meals. Once we’d proven ourselves worthy we were allowed to romp with Bruno and even took him for a swim in a nearby pond. In summary, our (much too short) time with Margie and Ned was the highlight of our trip down under. We would unconditionally recommend the Bearsden Bed and Breakfast to anyone seeking a convenient and comfortable accommodation managed by gracious and capable hosts.

Hello again
Thanks so much for your review. Ned and I really enjoyed your company and your love for Bruno. I think I should be getting him to write the thank you reviews as he seems to feature quiet a lot. I will email you a picture of Bruno now and then and keep you posted as to what we are up to. All the best. Margie & Ned
Naxxar Malta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have stayed at Bearsden for a couple of nights. The location is perfect, scenic and relaxing and 15 min from center of Queenstown. The hosts Margie and Ned were wonderful. Margie always had time for us every morning over a very good breakfast to talk and linger over cups of coffee. We were made to feel very welcome at the B&B it was like staying with relatives. They make you feel as if you are part of the family. Margie and Ned always gave us good advise when we needed info as regards to restaurants and things to do. The room was lovely with breathtaking views. We had a patio with deck chairs. It was decorated very tastefully and had all amenities. We could also use the family living room which was very cosy. Margie used to leave us a bottle of local wine, some cheese and homemade chutney. A very appreciated gesture.I cannot not mention Bruno the beautiful and friendly Lab. I missed my dog so much and he filled up that empty space. I missed him when we left. He was simply adorable. All in all we had a wonderful time in Queenstown at Bearsden and I would recommend this B & B any time. Thanks Marg and Ned

Room Tip: Both rooms at Bearsden are vey nice
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hi Jennifer
Thank you so much for your review. I really enjoyed talking with you both over breakfast and learning more about Malta. I'm serious about visiting your city so please stay in touch. Great to meet you both and thanks again. Margie, Ned and Bruno
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

We did start the New Year with Margie and Ned and stayed for two nights. It was fabulous. Especially the bottle of champaign on day one of 2013 :-) Margie and Ned are perfect hosts. Thanks very much for the advices about the area and ideas of what to see and do - also when it is raining the whole day. Thank you!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BearsdenBNB, Owner at Bearsden Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Hello again
Thank you so much for your review and kind words. I'm glad the weather and disrupts didn't spoil your experience of the South Island. Look forward to meeting you both again if possilbe.
Best wishes for 2013. Margie
Verona, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed at Bearsden for 2 nights in December. Pretty much everything has already been said in the previous reviews, but we wanted to add yet another positive one – Margie and Ned definitely deserve it! Their effort in this B&B is amazing and guests are cared for in every possible way – spacious, spotlessly clean bedroom and bathroom, a cosy guest lounge, gorgeous breakfast with plenty of choice (thank you for the French toast with blueberries and for the corn fritters….first time I'd ever eaten salmon for breakfast!), precious pieces of advice, pleasant chats, a playful dog, stunning views... and the spa outside is a real treat, especially at night – perfect for stargazing! A huge thank you to Margie and Ned, if we ever return to NZ this B&B will be our first choice!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BearsdenBNB, Owner at Bearsden Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Hi Lara
Wonderful to get your review and hear from you. Thank you for your lovely comments. We enjoyed talking with you both and will certainly look you up when we make it back to Europe.
All the best for 2013. Warm regards Margie
Fountain Valley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

My husband and I spent 4 lovely days with Margie and Ned (and Bruno) at the Bearsden. We loved being nestled between the Remarkables and Coronet Mountain peaks. With wine and cheese and Hummingbird Cake for treats, we enjoyed the comfort and friendliness of perfect hosts at this delightful B&B. Bikes were readily available to us as well as information and maps for our day trips. Their spring garden was just starting to bloom and we enjoyed the lovely breakfasts made for us each morning. We highly recommend a stay here and hope others enjoy it as much as we did.

Room Tip: Our upgraded room was roomier with a beautiful view of the garden and mountains.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Lauren
Thank you for your lovely review and I am sorry it has taken me this long to respond. It is a busy time of year for us now. Thankfully we are having great weather. I enjoyed talking with you both and hearing about your home and family history. All the best for 2013.
Warm regards Margie