“The best thing I have ever done” 5 of 5 bubbles

$237.29*
and up
30-Minute Alpine Scenic Flight from Queenstown
More attraction details
Owner description: Glacier Southern Lakes is Queenstown's leading scenic heli-flight company with a reputation of providing a high standard of professionalism and service. We offer daily scenic helicopter tours over the mountains, lakes, glaciers and fiords in and around Middle-earth, Queenstown, Milford Sound and Fiordland National Park & Mt Aspiring National Park. Alpine or snow landings are part of all our flights and glacier landings are included in all our Milford Sound flights. We have the most experienced team of helicopter pilots in Queenstown who will share their extensive local knowledge with you. For Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit fans we can show you many of the Queenstown film locations like nobody else, with pilots who were part of the film crew.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“The best thing I have ever done”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Sure beats taking the bus! My wife and I did the Milford sound flight, cruise, fight with a glacier landing. Upon booking it was apparent that these guys were the nicest we dealt with in New Zealand. They answered all of our questions that we had as it was our first heli flight. The flight was spectacular with the most amazing views. The cruise was good also and I'm sure I eventually annoyed my wife with my enthusiasm as we were cruising along. Its just such a unique place and a cruise is a great way to see it. The glacier landing was amazing it was a shame that we had to quickly take off as the clouds were coming in but a great experience none the less.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Ben K
GlacierSouthernLakes, Manager at Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful feedback, it certainly is the best way to get to and see the stunning Milford Sound, just magical!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Words cant describe it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

The team are just fantastic and take the time to get to know a little about you before heading away in the helicopter! After a quick safely briefing it was time to go , we did the scenic flight with a snow landing and it is truly a moment we will never forget!! Thank you so much to the team at Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters for making our first trip to Queenstown a very special one!!!

Visited June 2013
Oslo
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Simply amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

My wife and I decided to take a 45 min helicopter trip over Milford and Doubtful Sounds as part of our honeymoon. From the minute we stepped into the building, we were treated brilliantly. After a safety briefing we were offered pictures of us standing with the helicopter with our own camera (nice touch).
Once airborne, the pilot turned into a great tour guide and gave running commentary of the areas highlights. He spoke with a passion that was refreshing to hear, even after having worked there for 20+ years!
We landed ontop of a mountain with spectacular views of both Sounds and spent 7-8 min taking photos. The view was breath-taking to say the least. On the way back, we flew over the very spot where part of "lord of the Rings" was filmed. As it turned out, the pilot himself flew Peter Jackson and found this location that was later featured in the film.
The trip back took us over the trekking paths and back over the town Te Anau.

I can not recommend this tour higher. Amazing scenery with 5 star service.

Thank you guys!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Magnus C
GlacierSouthernLakes, Manager at Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for your recommendation, we love to hear that your experience was amazing and that you take some lifetime memories home with you.
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Awesome views on a perfect day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I probably would not have done this but for getting a good price on a deal website. Was really pleased I did. The snow landing was the highlight. It was perfect weather and beautiful views. Friendly staff.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Leishia
manly
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unbelievable in every way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I both agreed that this was one of the best experiences of our lives. Trying to do justice to the flight unless youve experienced it is almost impossible. Great flight, breathtaking scenery, fabulous lunch. it was simply WOW

Visited April 2013