“IF YOU IN QUEENSTOWN THIS IS A MUST.”

Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters
20-Minute Remarkables Helicopter Tour from Queenstown
$399.13*
50-Minute Glacier Explorer Flight from Queenstown
More attraction details
Owner description: Glacier Southern Lakes is Queenstown's leading scenic heli-flight company with a reputation of providing a high standard of professionalism and service. We offer daily scenic helicopter tours over the mountains, lakes, glaciers and fiords in and around Middle-earth, Queenstown, Milford Sound and Fiordland National Park & Mt Aspiring National Park. Alpine or snow landings are part of all our flights and glacier landings are included in all our Milford Sound flights. We have the most experienced team of helicopter pilots in Queenstown who will share their extensive local knowledge with you. For Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit fans we can show you many of the Queenstown film locations like nobody else, with pilots who were part of the film crew.
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This was the most amazing experience that I have had. I was picked up at my hotel, driven to the airport, and boarded the helicopter for a FANTASTIC ride to Milford Sound (Over the mountains and through the clouds and you land in the sound. (Saw a bunch of tourists who rode a bus for 6 hours to get there, NOT MY IDEA OF FUN!. I bordered the Ferry for the ride up the sound SPECTACULAR! DID I MENTION LORD OF THE RINGS WAS FILMED THERE. Then re bordered the helicopter to land on the GLACIER. Out of my mind fabulous. Then the ride home you see the majestic glacier formation etc. DEFINITELY THE WAY TO GO.

1  Thank James A
GlacierSouthernLakes, Manager at Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thanks for your feedback James, it really does give us a thrill that you had an amazing trip with Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters. Aren't those Glaciers just specatcular!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We booked a glacier landing and were upgraded to include a flight into Milford Sound and a cruise. The entire day was magnificent and I highly recommend Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Our flight over Skippers Canyon with a landing on the snow was the highlight of our stay in Queenstown. Excellent service from Peter in the office and a great flying experience by our pilot, Alfie. Would like to have done some longer trips but time was against us. Next time for sure.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I was one of those kiwis who had seen the world but not our own country (or at least not milford sound). And I dont think I was ever going to make it if we had to drive from queenstown! This was an awesome experience - you felt like you were on top of the world. The dramatic transitions in scenery as you headed to Milford were nothing short of spectacular. This is a must do - you blow a bit of loot but you'll never regret it!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

a Mother's day gift from my son, this experience was fantastic! This helicopter company took great care of us, pilot was 30 yrs. exp'd and knowledgeable of the area, He made sure we enjoyed ourselves and rotated passengers for equal chance of great views. We were able to land on a glacier and walk around, incredible!