“Great Brekkie”

Ranked #27 of 265 Restaurants in Queenstown
Cuisines: Diner, Cafe, New Zealand
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: The original Joe's Garage opened in 2000, situated in an old Post Office sorting room in Queenstown. There are now seven Joe's around NZ and the concept is the same now as it was then- to be a Cafe that everybody can go to and enjoy exceptional coffee and food presented by attentive and enthusiastic staff, listen to cool music, and above all, have a lot of fun in an efficient "garage" environment.
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Having noticed that this place was busy throughout the day we decided to give it a go. We went quite early so got a seat at the counter straight away. I noticed they were a bit slow with their service but they were friendly. I ordered the Pikelets - rasberry jam & real whipped cream - $9.70... They were exactly what I wanted & really they aren't hard to make... so you can't go wrong. Hubby had Eggs - which consisted of two free range eggs, toast and hollandaise sauce... He also added mushroom $16.80. He enjoyed it and it did it's job.

We went back a second time... This time I had the eggs bene - $16.50 which was joe's hash topped with salmon, 2 grilled free range eggs and hollandaise sauce. I loved it...! Hubby went for the Mushroom Burger - $17.80 which was portobello mushrooms, caramelised onions, tomato, swiss cheese, lettuce and aioli with hand cut chips. He liked it but having eaten at Mary's in Sydney this mushroom burger didn't compare - taking that out of the equation... YUM!

Overall, this place has a nice vibe & feel to it so... yeah it's a great place to get some breakfast.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

had a really nice breakfast here at Joes. Felt very American with wide open kitchen setup. The music was going and tv showing local activities kept the waiting interesting. Nice place, and worth a visit.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Whilst in Queenstown for the weekend. We were in need of a good coffee and breakfast to sustain us. A visit to Joes Garage has never disappointed. The delicious and massive mince on toast had me full!

Reviewed February 27, 2014

This is a great, friendly place with good food. I had the fruit crumble and a latte. The servers are prompt and personable and the portions are good value for the money. The unlimited WiFi is also nice. I'd come back!

Reviewed February 14, 2014

I loved this place! We went in 3 times! The first time was in passing by my husband noted Joe's Garage and assumed the name referred to the Frank Zappa album. Well, it's a fun restaurant with mechanics and auto related objects! They do have the album cover in a cubby on the wall for us dummies. The coffee was spectacular and they offered up a suggestion when I naively asked for a "coffee". We went back again the next day to purchase a tee to mark the experience and ended up buying a hat and chatting with the staff. They are soooooo cool! We fell in love with Jaimie and her "crew" as they are so happy to be where they are and it shows and is invigorating! We invited them to call us if they come to the US. The third day we had brunch. I ordered the BLT. It came on a baguette with shredded lettuce, chopped tomato and lots of chunks of crispy bacon and I was in heaven. I also had a bloody mary that was good and spicy. Would go back in a heartbeat!