“Excellent Eco friendly tour”
Review of Ziptrek Ecotours

Ziptrek Ecotours
Book In Advance
More Info
$81.49*
and up
Queenstown Zipline Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Ziptrek Ecotours is NZ's #1 Original Zipline tour and is a spectacular eco-adventure through the forest canopy high above Queenstown, situated on Skyline Gondola hill. Ziptrek runs all year round and is stunning whatever the weather. With two tours to choose from it is suitable for everyone, whether looking for an introduction into Queenstown adventure (Moa 4-Line Tour) or wanting the latest gripping eco-exhilaration (Kea 6-Line Tour) which includes the steepest tree to tree zipline in the world.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Easy for all ages fitness levels, provided you aren't scared of heights. Informative tour with some great Eco messages, great scenery!

bongreene, Guest Relations Manager at Ziptrek Ecotours, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Our amazing guides are experts at putting those that are a little “heights- challenged” at ease! Our course is progressive meaning it’s all about building confidence not knocking it! Happy to hear you had such an excellent time out on tour with us.

There are newer reviews for Ziptrek Ecotours

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I was a bit nervous as I am afraid of heights. But this tour is defiantly worth it, and the guides are very understanding and don't make you do anything you don't want to. I would recommend doing the longer 6 line experience rather than the 4 line one, after 4 zips your so excited and comfortable with it, it would be disappointing to stop there.

Hi Jessie, Well done on completing the Kea 6-line tour! We do find that one of the most common bits of feedback we get is that people wished they had done the full 6-lines on our Kea tour- including of course the steepest tree to tree zipline in the world!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We did the Moa tour it was soooooo great thanks to our guides Tara & Shannon.So much fun great info.It was great fun beautiful veiws.Loved it so much we have been telling every one we know its a must in Queenstown.Thank you to every one from the office staff to Tara & Shannon for making us feel so relaxed.Abig thank you :-)

Hi Shirley,

Tara and Shannon will be excited to hear what a great time you had on tour with them! Flying through the canopy of the trees definitely gives you a different point of view and I have to say that line-4 is one of my favorite with the line opening up to some of the most stunning views of Queenstown, Lake Wakatipu and the surrounding mountains. Pure perfection.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

My daughter and I did the Kea 6 line, which starts off quite easy but gets progressively scarier up to the last one which is terrifying but enormous fun, I would have liked to have done it again. Most of the others went upside down but I just hung on for dear life. Safety is not an issue however, the staff were highly professional and there was a system of radio checks to make sure all the right procedures had been done. I had a close look and there are good back up safety measures and all the equipment looked spot on, so I had no hesitation letting my daughter go on.

It took us an hour to walk up the hill to the Ziptrek hut (but we could have taken a 10 minute gondola ride), and the trip takes 2.5 hours and brings you back to just above the gondola. I don't recommend the walk uphill to anyone who is unfit, take the gondola. The Kea 6 line is definitely one of the best things to do in Queenstown.

Hi Peter,

Glad to hear you and your daughter had such a fun time on tour with us. We are very proud of our safety standards and are happy to hear how safe you felt and appreciate the lengths we go to, to ensure our guests safety. Good on you for zipping line-6 which is the steepest tree to tree zipline in the world! Thank you for taking the time to let us know your positive feedback.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I had the ziptrek experience a few days ago. We did the 6 line and absolutely loved it! I am a real woos and was apprehensive (to say the least!) at first but as soon as I flew on the first line I was hooked! I even went upside down! Our guides, Tara and Charles were friendly and very Eco-knowledgeable! I would recommend this to all that visit Queenstown, a must do!

Upside down?! Sounds like you turned into a true dare devil! I will definitely pass on your glowing review to your guides Tara and Charles who will be happy to hear how safe you felt and how much fun you had on tour with them. Thank you for the feedback and hope to see you again in the future. Kind regards,