“Hanging around”

$81.50*
and up
Queenstown Zipline Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Ziptrek Ecotours is NZ's #1 Original Zipline tour and is a spectacular eco-adventure through the forest canopy high above Queenstown, situated on Skyline Gondola hill. Ziptrek runs all year round and is stunning whatever the weather. With two tours to choose from it is suitable for everyone, whether looking for an introduction into Queenstown adventure (Moa 4-Line Tour) or wanting the latest gripping eco-exhilaration (Kea 6-Line Tour) which includes the steepest tree to tree zipline in the world.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
shellharbour
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Hanging around”
Reviewed November 5, 2011

We had a fantastic family time on the Ziptrek. Having completed the 4 tier flying fox on our family holiday in 2010, it was always a must do to do the new 2 tiers making it a 6 stage trip. The 2 new tiers are great and after re establishing our new gliding upside down and zip planking techniques we approached the final tier with excitement. It is a 100m run.Well being an adventurous mum I volunteered to go first in our group only to be left hanging at the other end for 20 mins as my break line got caught about 20 Metres out. I was rescued by one of the staff finally., who had to ckimb up to release me. Would I do it again. ABSOLUTELY. We love Queenstown!

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
new zealand
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 162 helpful votes
“awesome is not we word we use a lot ...”
Reviewed October 29, 2011

fantastic - the weather was crap but the experience, the staff and the rush was just perfect. Great staff who push you to the limit if you want, upside down screaming or whatever, 6 or 8 runs (do the full 8 otherwise you miss the longest and steepest)

kapitman
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Ziptrek was FUN & Educational”
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Not only did they usher you through 6 flying fox ziplines (Take the 6 tour, not the 4) but they also taught us about conservation and sustainability at each treehouse. The last of the 6 lines is the steepest tree to tree zipline in the world (speeds up to 70km/hr) however there is a moderate hike between lines 5 & 6. I am not fit, but made it through the hike, but this would be a struggle for anyone with unstable balance or knees/ankles. This was a great experience with some wonderful views of queenstown!

Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Really fun activity”
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Did this ziptrek ecotour in october, we were very lucky in that we did the last trip of the day and we were the only two on the tour! so we didn't have to wait for others. Really enjoyed it, we were sorry we didnt do the 6 zips as 4 seemed to be voer very quickly, really enjoyed it though and the guides were really good.

Queenstown, New Zealand
“Exhilarating, thrilling, fun, interesting - a must if you come to Queenstown.”
Reviewed October 18, 2011

What an amazing day my son and I had. Staff were professional, knowledgeable and made our tour fun from start to finish. I have lived here for over 13 years and I learned more about my surrounding environment that I have in a long time. Fantastic set up, what a thrill it was flying through the trees. Wonderful to see them so committed to great causes and have such a respect for the nature. I will recommend this attraction to everyone that I know.