Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Break One Clay Target Shooting
All reviews great fun great instruction friendly competition explained everything fantastic afternoon a lot of fun awesome experience fun afternoon my partner new zealand blake shotgun instructor guns activity recoil shooters
Reviewed 4 days ago

Had a great time and you get plenty of shots. Instructions were clear and easy going.
Compared to other activities in Queenstown, this one is great value for money when you take into account the cost of shells and clay targets. Shuttle is also included for free from Queenstown.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

This was a choice of activity so all three of us friends could do something together. I'm not a big shooter with only doing some indoor target play in Vegas last and no other experience at all. Didn't really know what to expect except maybe what I did in Vegas. Well can I say Blake did an amazing job in everyway. He was very welcoming right from the beginning and told us lots about the area around us as we travelled a short drive to the destination. Once we arrived we settled in and was given ear muffs and went onto the safety talk. He was very good at instructing us. All people had mixed experience and he was very patient and gave lots of good tips as we all took turns. We had a small competition which was fun and it got us talking and interacting with the other people participating. I even did a better job at the shooting than expected and thoroughly enjoyed myself even more than in Vegas. Would highly recommend this company and may even come back again if I pass through Queenstown again in the future.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Great instructors

Easy comfortable transport from town.

Great instruction.

Quality equipment.

Highly recommend

1  Thank 609campbellj
Reviewed October 7, 2018

Had a great time with my wife and teenage boys shooting clay targets. The boys beat us both. Great host at the activity. very safety conscious. Really good at relating to us and had good conversation with him from the time of pick up in downtown Queenstown till we were dropped off afterward. He even gave us a great tip for a place to eat at afterward.

We had the place to ourselves which probably helped, so there was no pressure to get through our shooting. The location is pretty stunning, you shoot with a view out to the Shotover and mountains beyond.

It is on the pricey side, so that may be a consideration. But for a fun family activity clay target shooting is hard to beat.

1  Thank Kiwi_acct
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

One of the highlights of our trip. Blake was a great host and very knowledgeable about other experiences/activities in the region. Will definitely recommend Break One to anyone visiting Queenstown.

1  Thank Belinda F
Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

Fantastic venue great instructor and superb clay options heaps of even after losing out to my sons .We will definitely go back and recommend to our family and friends.

1  Thank Francis L
Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

We had a fantastic time as first time Clare target shooters. Elliot was great at teaching and had a lot of energy which made the whole experience a lot of fun. Wished we could have kept going all day long! Next time we are back in New Zealand we will definitely come shooting again!

1  Thank chan1810
Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

What a fun afternoon! 16 of us hopped in the minibus which came right to our hotel to collect us and take us on a magnificent scenic drive up the side of a mountain to the range. The drive in itself felt like an adventure if you were sitting on the left side and looking directly over the cliffs! Once there the instructors were awesome. I’d never held a gun before, others had lots of experience. Elliot and Dougal tailored their approach perfectly to suit. Clear, easy to follow advice and real shotguns ... Eek! But the recoil was minimal, the targets varied and competition amongst our crew ran high. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed it. Adrenaline-filled, exciting, safe and well organised. We took our own snacks - recommended if you need comfort food after trying to shoot things.
I can’t believe it’s taken me so long to try it.
A must do when in Queenstown!!

1  Thank adsjack
Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

Had a great time here, organized as a surprise present from my girlfriend.

Was my first time shooting a gun and it was awesome, was only my partner me and another bloke plus the guide so we got plenty of gun action with little wait in between.

The tour guide was a knowledgable (American of course) gun totter who helped immensely with first timers like us. He kept it interesting with open conversation.

A great must do when in QT especially if you have never shot a gun and it's on your bucket list, my partner a girl whom I did not expect to shoot anything had a ball and hit plenty of the targets.

1  Thank Alex M
Reviewed September 5, 2018

Great drive to site with beautiful view. Informative host on local area. Lots of fun doing the shooting every for novices. We had a 12 and 15 year old shoot for the first time and they loved it. Real Buzz.

1  Thank 911cathk